Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boxercise

• 09-11-2007 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hi Guys has anyone got any opinions on this exercise training. There is a course on in Dec 2nd in Dublin training you for one day in the skills of a boxer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 NaFianna

That's a great class once it's conducted int he proper manner. Sometimes when a boxercise is class is offered they'll use normal fitness instructors, with no prior knowledge of how to throw a punch. You're best off seeing who's gonna teach you and find out their boxing background. However, if it's just the fitness aspect you want, then I'd go for it. It's good training!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

i teach boxercise and any lads who do it love it, but when taught by fitness instructors that are not boxers its o'k but nothing like boxing, im a boxing coach and personal trainer so my boxercise is the dogs balls!!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Duboverseas

I started going to boxercise classes at a boxing club some months ago. I recently moved to the boxing technique class and in my opinion if you want fitness the boxercise classes are great ( mine is run by a pro boxer ) but if it's boxing you want you won't learn much in a day. On the other hand I learned more from a few rounds in the ring then I did from months on the pads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

but if it's boxing you want you won't learn much in a day. On the other hand I learned more from a few rounds in the ring then I did from months on the pads.
    If you want to learn what boxing is all about then getting in the ring is great, if you want to learn how to box properly pads is by far the best way to learn, but only if the instructor is teaching boxing while doing them, if your just hitting pads like in most boxercise classes then its not the same thing as proper padwork..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Advertisement