Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should McCullough retire?

Options
  • 03-08-2005 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭

He was handled by Larios. He got owned and he is no longer going to win a world title at 122 or 126.

I think he should pack it in. He's taken too many punches. He gave us great fights against Hamed and McCullough, not to mention Larios but he also took good hidings in those fights and we can't forget the beating Harrison gave him. I would like to see Wayne retire while he is still 100% mentally. What do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

Yeah, I think now is the time for McCullough to call it a day. You're right, he's given us some great fights in the past and we'll remember him as a true warrior. Wayne could still have an active roll in boxing, just not in the ring. I wish him good luck in whatever he decides to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

For his own good he should be forced to retire now, way too many punches taken even if his jaw is granite.

Hopefully he won't be allowed to fight on

• Registered Users Posts: 54,594 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Harry, couldn't agree with you more. Wayne has gone 5-6 fights too long. After Harrisson, he should have been made stop...shame on the money grabbing camp he is attached to.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭akindoc

walshb wrote:
    Harry, couldn't agree with you more. Wayne has gone 5-6 fights too long. After Harrisson, he should have been made stop...shame on the money grabbing camp he is attached to.......

he should have been pulled out of the Harrison fight too. I hope he stops but I can't see it happening myself. He'll fight on and get more hidings :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Yes he could carry on his commentery work with ESPN and Sky in Vegas, but I think he really should hang up the gloves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Howya folks, delighted to see the boxing forum up and running.

My two cents,
    I'm surprised more attention wasn't paid to the British Board of Controls medical report on his brain scan a few years back. It's clear he can only get a fight in the US (don't think he's been out of Nevada in years) as Britain's more strict since incidents like Watson.

Wayne was a favourite of mine, but his opponents are only getting younger and his next fight could be the one where he ships serious damage if he hasn't already done so.

On another note, I have to admire his conditioning and fitness.

Advertisement