Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jones v Tarver

Options
  • 28-07-2005 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

It looks like Roy Jones Jnr is to fight Antonio Tarver again, after his previous losses to Tarver and Johnson surely this is his last big chance. I mean in the last few years his record went from 49 wins and 1 defeat to 49-3. I think he should hang up his gloves if he looses again, he's made his money.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭akindoc

snakeater wrote:
    It looks like Roy Jones Jnr is to fight Antonio Tarver again, after his previous losses to Tarver and Johnson surely this is his last big chance. I mean in the last few years his record went from 49 wins and 1 defeat to 49-3. I think he should hang up his gloves if he looses again, he's made his money.

RJJ can beat Tarver. I don't think much of Tarver, Roy was handling business in the rematch until Tarver came up with one lucky punch. I think Roy will comprehensively beat Tarver this time, although I am worried about his punch resistance.

Losing 30 pounds of muscle can weaken a chin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

It's going to be interesting to see how Roy's time out of the ring has affected him. I haven't seen Roy in a while so I don't know what shapes he's in but I don't think he's the kind of guy to let his weight get really out of control. I wasn't that impressed with Tarver in his last fight but with all eyes on the Jones rematch he's bound to raise his game. I think Roy still has the ability to beat Tarver but there is now a big question over his punch resistance. To be honest I'd *like* to see him beat Tarver and then retire from boxing. If he doesn't, it'll be a sad end to a very entertaining career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭akindoc

Geiger wrote:
    It's going to be interesting to see how Roy's time out of the ring has affected him. I haven't seen Roy in a while so I don't know what shapes he's in but I don't think he's the kind of guy to let his weight get really out of control. I wasn't that impressed with Tarver in his last fight but with all eyes on the Jones rematch he's bound to raise his game. I think Roy still has the ability to beat Tarver but there is now a big question over his punch resistance. To be honest I'd *like* to see him beat Tarver and then retire from boxing. If he doesn't, it'll be a sad end to a very entertaining career.

I watch him on HBO sometimes. You can download some fights from the net, he's a commentator over there. I have to say, he's a class commentator. I hope he beats Tarver in the rematch then moves up and fights Toney again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭snakeater

I'm with Geiger on this one, if he should beat Tarver he should hang up his gloves. He'll have had his revenge. From what akindoc says it could look like he has a career in commentating ahead of him.

Advertisement