Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bargain alerts in Waterford City

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 phil16phil

Tesco Ardkeen
    Mince pies ........now......25cents for a box of 6

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Neonjack

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but the Fitzwilton Hotel are offering rooms for 20 euro p.p.s. for the next 20 nights to anyone who joins their page on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fitzwilton-Hotel-Waterford/99992478673?ref=nf

First come, first served basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

not sure of the exact price per K but Supervalue butchers in the hyper are doing 1/2 price sirloin steak at the moment. I grabbed around 1.5K for under a €10 an hour ago.

That's like, cheaper than stewing steak and they have roasting joints for the same 1/2 price. Nice quality too, it's in the pan right now and my teenagers will be falling upon it shortly :D.

Sorry I'm vague on the details ... you'd never think I've been shopping for the last 35 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Good man old gregg i'll be down there this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I wish ye knew where that steak is coming from, because i do and i wouldnt eat it if someone paid me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,610 ✭✭✭deisemum

I wish ye knew where that steak is coming from, because i do and i wouldnt eat it if someone paid me

Which place are you refering to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

First off..hello mods, how are ya? Some weather we're having lately isn't it? This thread, on the face of it, looks like it belongs in the mobiles forum...but give it a chance...

Anybody here that's on O2 will have heard about these O2 treats and how..well they're not very good for Waterford at the moment as all the treats are pretty much dublin based...(and mad hotels up the country)...

I got a call yesterday asking me to meet up with a chap who's been put on charge of setting up treats just for waterford. So...this can only be good and we should expect to see some money off vouchers for shops, restaurants, cafes etc in the coming weeks. If you're with O2 of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

argos are currently doing the xbox 360 acade with out the hard drive 130euros,,thats for notting:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

argos are currently doing the xbox 360 acade with out the hard drive 130euros,,thats for notting:)

Thats unreal, think I might pick one up!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ill put this into Bargain Alerts.. there is no topic here at all..

Topic Merged

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

5 Free trips accross the Suir bridge

http://southlink.ie/gpage4.html

Just in case anyone in the city is looking for good quality meat at factory prices and don't mind venturing into the county then I recommend Dawn Meats at Carroll's Cross.

I saw it recommended on another site so went there this morning. It's cheaper than any butchers and worth stocking up on if you've got room in the freezer.

I hope this is ok to post here in the city section.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 heratio

Was shopping in superquinn and spotted Drycleanit next door doing a discount of 30% :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 magpie30

well come on jack burton wheres that meat comming from.dont tell me its ostritch being farmed in the feilds off the back of ballybeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Hi,
    Just back from Island Lane in the Ardkeen Shopping Centre. They have a good sale on at the moment. Discounts range from 20% on the regular stock, to 50% on Christmas stock (I just bought a beautiful "Willow Tree" nativity set & crib . . . am I sad? :rolleyes: )

Lots of gift brands - Newbridge, Genesis, Nicolas Mosse etc. Some of these ranges have 30% off.

PS I have no connection with the shop, just thought you bargain hunters might be interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

how much was the Nativity set and is it good quality?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭burkey85

Food factory on the Cork Rd. has some great prices.
    Bbq deal, 8 burgers and buns and 1kg of sausages €10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 redbus

sounds good mmmmmmm:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

redbus wrote: »
    sounds good mmmmmmm:D
    haha nice 1st post.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭suirfire

Hi guys just filled up my car today out in the new petrol station at Tesco's Tramore

Petrol 127.9
    Diesel 118.6

Cant get them prices in town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭burkey85

Think the cheapest in town is the Maxol on the Park Rd.
    129.9 for petrol when i was there last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 funtelaar

AdMMM wrote: »
    Was just thinking about this yesterday!

For the alcoholics among us, Madigans off-license have bottles of Fosters for €1.

He's mad! Ask that bogey for a bottle of buckfast and listen to his funny voice. "Bottle Of Buckfassst!"

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

30% off closing down sale starts tomorrow in TK Maxx!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Amber on Browns road have petrol for 127.8c ,cheapest in the City and county.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭suirfire

Tesco's Tramore prices are

Petrol 127.9
    Diesel 118.9

And when u use ur club card you get 1cent off for every €1 u fill up with
    hope this is de start of the prices coming down :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

Technika wireless headphones in Tesco Lisduggan
    €9.25
    There were 4 or 5 there @ midday today.

I think this may have been posted in the main Bargain Alerts thread before but not sure if they are in any other tescos

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

Always has been the cheapest as far as I have observed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Godsentme wrote: »
    Always has been the cheapest as far as I have observed.

Yeah it been that price for about 2 months now,up till the budget i hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Premier

Yeah it been that price for about 2 months now,up till the budget i hope :)

Think were all doomed with this budget

• Advertisement

For anyone wanting to stock up on biscuits and chocolates for christmas presents or for yourself Ardkeen Quality Foodstores have tins of Victoria Biscuits for €5.99 and the same tin of biscuits are €14.99 in SuperValu and I think they're down from €15.99 to €12.99 in Dunnes.

Ardkeen Quality Foodstores also have tins of Roses for €6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So that would be in Ardkeen Quality Footstores would it? ;) I remember when they were just good old Ardkeen Stores and you had to shop while walking sideways on busy days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

all mens nivea cream/mosituriser/aftershave balm for half price in shaws. (the intensive moisture cream is usually €8.65 in some chemists, its €3.50 on special)

shock absorber level 3 & 4 bras €6.00 in tk maxx (only selected sizes though) these retail €38 in shaws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Straycat wrote: »
    all mens nivea cream/mosituriser/aftershave balm for half price in shaws. (the intensive moisture cream is usually €8.65 in some chemists, its €3.50 on special)

shock absorber level 3 & 4 bras €6.00 in tk maxx (only selected sizes though) these retail €38 in shaws.

Have you been shopping for both these products? :D

Love the rockabilly name by the way, if it is rockabilly.

lol! just on my rounds of the city, have to look after the oh:)

B&Q are doing free to air satalitte systems for €50, picked one up today, comes with box & satalitte dish, but apparantly you dont have to mount the dish (just plug it into your sky dish) dead handy for a bedroom/spare tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tronan

what channels do you get on the free to air please? thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭moonboy52

tronan wrote: »
    what channels do you get on the free to air please? thanks

It is not free-to-air, it is called Freesat.

http://www.freesat.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

moonboy52 wrote: »
    It is not free-to-air, it is called Freesat.

http://www.freesat.co.uk/

It is called freesat but it is also free to air:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freesat

http://www.satellite.ie/acatalog/What_is_free_to_air_.html

• Advertisement

thats just what i meant ikeano.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

there's 2 or 3 of these left in tesco ballybeg as of 7pm this evening - priced 19.99.

they were originally priced at 53

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭sophie22

shaws have some really good offers on shampoos etc half price, as well as nivea for men have aftershave for €3..! think ill stock up for the other half:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Hi Guys,

Just moved house and went through everything i had and realised i have a few things i dont need:

--- Xbox,kinect,2 controllers and a few games including fifa 11-everything like new - barely used.

---Set of 13 Nike football jerseys. Purple with white underarms, numbered and free space to put logo's etc. used only for 2 matches.

---32" tv - not a flat screen

I know i have a load of junk - too much :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Elbows22 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Just moved house and went through everything i had and realised i have a few things i dont need:

--- Xbox,kinect,2 controllers and a few games including fifa 11-everything like new - barely used.

---Set of 13 Nike football jerseys. Purple with white underarms, numbered and free space to put logo's etc. used only for 2 matches.

how much for the xbox mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

^^
    Hasn't there been any bargains in Waterford since 20.03.2011??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I bought a crate of Easter eggs (12 small malteaser ones) for €4 in pound city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

In Tesco Ardkeen:

grobag-sleeping-bag-0-6mts-safari-so-good.jpg

Cord grobags 2.5 tog for €19.50 , usually €35 - €40.
    Just in the normal section, not a special offer.
    Big of a niche market but good saving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

3 for 2 on EVERYTHING in Boots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

Elbows22 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

how much for the kit?

Advertisement