Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UNCHARTED film adaptation

Options
  • 04-08-2010 7:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

Just seen on line there that fans wants Nathan Fillion for Uncharted The Movie.

I Myself have never played the game but I would love too someday if it ever comes too the x box 360.

What do you guys think do you think he could pull it off.

Can I just add I love him in Castle

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pDMAoF5FKk&feature=related]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Good choice, love him in Firefly too (and Dr Horrible's of course)

He'll certainly look the part

Nathan-Fillion.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

As a huge fan on Firefly, I'd have to say yes! He's the perfect fit for the lovable cheeky chap that is Nathan Drake!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I loved him in Firefly/Serenity. Think he'd be brilliant in this role.

Are they making a movie? .....games don't normally transfer well to the big screen.

Liked the Resi movies though.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Apolloyon

I have a female friend who is a little bit obsessed with Nathan from Uncharted!
    Her choice would be Joe Flanigan from Stargate Atlantis.

Either him or Nathan Fillion would both fit the bill in my opinion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Its hardly a revelation ehre is it! I mean the guy is called Nate, he even dresses like Captain Mal...Meh on the whole uncharted movie idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

He is a great choice for the role if the movie happens imo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,165 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

This film should never happen in the first place! I don't know, will probably come across as Indiana Jones lite, which would be a shame, as the series has been terrific fun thus far. It'd be nice to have a successful, fun and entertaining game that doesn't need to be made into a film.

Although Nathan Fillion is never a bad choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Fillions nearly 40 so hes a bit older than Nate is meant to be (I think) If this got a decent director (no Stephen Sommers!) and a good mix of action it could ge a great new franchise, the comparisons to Indy are inevtiable but its Indy set in modern times, thats not a bad thing. Plus Uncharted 2 is like playing the best summer blockbuster in years anyway, it should translate to a movie really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Why not get the man behind the voice to do it?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0636046/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,165 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Heh just read this after seeing this thread: http://kotaku.com/5603757/uncharted-movie-back-at-square-one-after-director-talks-break-down

So no movement at the moment. David O Russell (the angry, angry man behind I Heart Huckabees and Three Kings) is out - to be honest, I'd have actually been interested if he was on board! Alas, let us hope it doesn't wind up on Ratner's doorstep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Here's the trailer for Uncharted 2 the game,for all that are unfamiliar or own an XBox

• Registered Users Posts: 12,324 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

zerks wrote: »
    Here's the trailer for Uncharted 2 the game,for all that are unfamiliar or own an XBox

it's actually a PS3 exclusive ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Apolloyon wrote: »
    I have a female friend who is a little bit obsessed with Nathan from Uncharted!
    Her choice would be Joe Flanigan from Stargate Atlantis.

Either him or Nathan Fillion would both fit the bill in my opinion though.

Joe Flanigan is the first person I'd have thought of for the role (I actually thought he did the voice of the main character. But then again I also though Leslie Nelson did the voice of his friend, so I'm not too good at this!).

After him Fillion would be great. Though IMDB have a guy called Samuel Brody as rumoured to be interested. Never heard of the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Skerries wrote: »
    it's actually a PS3 exclusive ;)

Psst, read his post again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

zerks wrote: »

I really wanna play it again now :D awesome games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Uncharted 2 is without doubt one of the best games I've played in years and is certainly cinematic enough for a film .

As for who should play him why not the guy who voices him in the game

nolan_north.png

not that I'm saying Nathan Fillion wouldn't be great in the role the dude clearly has charisma to burn .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,324 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

D'oh! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Weren't the characters in Uncharted 2 modeled off the actors themselves? And the motion capture and voicework was all done by the same people. The guy who did they voicework would be perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Otacon wrote: »
    Why not get the man behind the voice to do it?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0636046/
    As for who should play him why not the guy who voices him in the game
    Elessar wrote: »
    Weren't the characters in Uncharted 2 modeled off the actors themselves? And the motion capture and voicework was all done by the same people. The guy who did they voicework would be perfect!

I believe we have a gentleman's agreement! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

David O. Russell has closed a deal to write and direct "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune," an adaptation of the 2007 PlayStation 3 video game, for Columbia Pictures.

Back in May, Russell first flirted with the project, but then moved on to develop a big-screen adaptation of "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies."

But his quest to direct the PS3 game adaptation pulled him back in, leaving "Zombies," for the moment, undead.

Despite making his somewhat combative reputation with left-of-center indie films such as "Spanking the Monkey," "Flirting With Disaster" and "I Heart Huckabees," Russell appears to be making a serious move into bigger-budget mainstream movies. His next film, the boxing drama "The Fighter" from Paramount, comes out December.

In the mold of epic adventure films like "Tomb Raider" and "Indiana Jones," the "Uncharted" game's storyline follows a descendant of Sir Francis Drake, Nathan Drake, as he searches for the treasure of El Dorado on a desert island with a friend and a female journalist.

The game itself was developed by Naughty Dog and is one of Sony Computer Entertainment's best-selling games for the PS3. It sold one million copies in the first 10 weeks of its release at the end of 2007 and went on to sell 2.6 million copies and spawn an even more successful sequel, "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3if7958560d10cc4f3a7c2a14fd2013723

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yawn!

Who cares!

They are gonna **** with it so much the only thing resembling the game will be the name of it :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Start production and then i'll get excited! These big videogame adaptions don't get made...

Interesting choice of director, and some great source material (although I can't help but think it seem far more like an Indiana Jones clone in cinema form). But this is a videogame adaptation, so I'm assuming crap until proven otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Wisecracking, lovable rogue treasure hunter on an epic quest to uncover a mythical relic encountering nazis and supernatural shennanigans on the way.

Sound good to you Indy?

indiana_jones.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭patch

If treated correctly it should be miles better than indy 4.......
    That's not much of a challenge in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

David O Russell might seem an odd choice, but remember he did...

I can kinda see it.

Eirebear wrote: »
    Wisecracking, lovable rogue treasure hunter on an epic quest to uncover a mythical relic encountering nazis and supernatural shennanigans on the way.

Sound good to you Indy?

Pfft.
    They're zombie Nazis.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column-post/mark-wahlberg-going-treasure-hunting-uncharted-22818
    They must really like working with each other.
    Mark Wahlberg told MTV that he will re-team with David O. Russell on a big screen adaptation of the video game "Uncharted."
    The actor's team did not immediately respond to TheWrap's calls for comment.
    This would make the fourth time the pair has worked together. Wahlberg is currently starring in the director's boxing drama "The Fighter." The two have also collaborated on "I Heart Huckabees" and "Three Kings."
    Making the reunion all the more exciting, Wahlberg says that a couple of "Goodfellas" -- Joe Pesci and Robert De Niro -- are circling parts in the film.
    "I'm obviously in whatever David wants to do but the idea of it is so off the charts: De Niro being my father, Pesci being my uncle. It's not going to be the watered-down version, that's for sure," Wahlberg told MTV.
    Casting talks are still somewhat premature. There's no greenlight yet. Sony has commissioned Russell to work on a screenplay, but he has yet to deliver a final draft.
    In video game form, "Uncharted" focuses on a sharp shooting treasure hunter. Wahlberg said filming should start this summer.
    With Russell behind the camera, "Uncharted" should exceed the low bar set by Wahlberg's other video game adaptation "Max Payne."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column-post/mark-wahlberg-going-treasure-hunting-uncharted-22818
    Mark Wahlberg told MTV that he will re-team with David O. Russell on a big screen adaptation of the video game "Uncharted."

I can see him delivering one liners, but still would rather have Nathan Fillion... What in the world would Joe Pesci and Robert DeNiro be doing in this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Can't picture Wahlberg being able to be as charming as Drake is. I'm not looking forward to this.

Advertisement