Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mank (David Fincher) [Netflix]

Options
  • 08-09-2020 5:20pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭

No trailer just yet but we got our first look at David Fincher's first film project in 6 years; apparently the script was originally written by Fincher's own father 20 years ago which is interesting.

It follows Hollywood script-writer Herman J. Mankiewicz, and apparently charts the writer grappling with Orson Welles during the production of Citizen Kane.

https://twitter.com/NetflixFilm/status/1302275318619623425

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,338 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well that answers my question on Fincher from the a few weeks back in the general chat thread.

He has been making a film.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Gary Oldman in the lead with Tom Pelphrey (Ozark)

Teaser

I like the look and feel of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well, the trailer is certainly hitting the iconography of 1930s cinema, I wonder if that's representative of the final films own aesthetic. Some very obvious winks to Manks famous work too. Looks slick, but it'd be weird if a new Fincher film didn't!

Ekzd_O_UcAA4SDv?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

• Advertisement

Full Trailer

Advertisement