Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Forever Young Festival 10th to 12th July 2020

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭corm500

RayCon wrote: »
    ^ aw man, would love to see Fish but not in a field. Wonder will some promoter take a punt and stage a small low key Gig in the City (Dublin) the same weekend. Last time acoustic in Whelans was excellent

It is his farewell tour as well. Probably the last time he will play these shores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,918 ✭✭✭gifted

Would love to go to this with herself and the 3 chicks but it's getting close to the €500 just for the Saturday only including parking and fuel from Galway, add in money for food and it's crazy money for one day.

Lots of good bands over two days like last year not enough on any one day to interest me- is Fergal Sharky back with the Undertones? I don’t think he is which would make this act a lot less desirable to see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

The Doctor was a great MC last year! Worth it just to see him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,476 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

He made a comment about how we were the best audience in the British Isles, which didn't go down too well, he apologised later!

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

They seem to be doing a virtual gig next weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

It was last night. Brilliant it was too. I think they are letting people watch it during the week. Well worth it and for only €2 donation to charity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Tickets for this are too expensive.
    Would defo go for a day if the ticket was under 80

• Advertisement

New dates announced for Forever Young: 9th-11th July 2021

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Tickets for this are too expensive.

They are not.

It was great fun last year and worth every penny.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Alphaville are announced. Now all we need is a Pod productions festival in Waterford to book The Farm and order will be restored to the galaxy

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Genghis

Joe fervently believes there is both an untapped, overflowing supply of, AND an insatiable desire for, fiddlesticks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭traco

Anyone attended this before? Mrs Traco mentioned it but looking at the info I need to be convinced. Is it just two stages? How big is it? Is there much to do? Will be going to EP at the end of the summer and this doesn't seem anywhere near as interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭Stillill42

It's nothing like it. I wasn't there but my missus went last time out. 2 stages, I think. Most of the action on the main stage, a riot of nostalgia, basic enough food and drink, sit around in the sun (you hope) and bask in the soundtrack of your youth. As I say, I wasn't there so forgive me if I'm misrepresenting it but that's pretty much the deal. Having said that, my wife loved it. We live across the road so she could head off when she wanted to. I'd say there's feck all to keep you occupied if you're camping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

I haven't been to this either but I have been to the "Let's Rock" festivals in the UK which have near identical lineups. Was at Let's Rock Exeter in 2018 or 2019, very boisterous crowd in great form, a lot of 80s dressing up, you'll see a lot of kids/ families there, good variation of artisan food and drink (better than say Marlay Park fare). I went to see Thomas Dolby and the Human League both of whom were outstanding. The ground under me literally shook for the Human League. I can't vouch for Forever Young but realistically it can't be much different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭traco

Cheers for that, no interest in camping there. I'd stay on the water and drive but looking at the line up it could make for a long day especially if the weather decides to be rubbish. Info on the site isn't very helpfull, do you know if the second stage is outdoors or a tent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Marathon Coaches are doing day returns each day down and back, €31, no need to camp or drive. I don't know about the second stage unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

Its a fab weekend and anyone that went first time praised it so highly, brilliant vibe all weekend, one main stage for bigger acts ,second stage for tribute acts who were all excellent by the way, large tent for Sisco (mighty craic) Silent Disco for those who aren't down with the kids....no queueing for anything, great craic on the camp sites and such a friendly atmosphere....i cant wait...

• Advertisement
Advertisement