Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice

Options
  • 16-04-2015 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

I have recently returned too Ireland after doing two years on a working holiday visa. I do not currently have a university degree, is there any type of visa I could get too work in Australia again, I do have an Australian partner who I have not lived with do. if I could return we would live together, go for defacto after a year. Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

If you want to use your partner as an entry point you can get a 300 Visa, prospective marriage visa. It's valid for 9 months, no work restrictions, no travel restrictions. Thats if your partner is willing to consider marrying you. Immigration will probably want evidence of this commitment so be prepared to prove it.

I don't know if you could go on a holiday visa, live together for the 3 months, then use the prospective marriage visa for 9 months and then go defacto. I'm pretty sure immigration wouldn't look favourably on that scenario or if it is even allowed.

The other "easy" option is to actually get married for real.

Can your partner come to Ireland for 12 months and then you can claim defecto from that time spent living together?

Other than that, without a Uni degree or sponsorship you aren't left with many viable options.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 observed

Have you looked into student visa's here that allow you to do a limited amount of work per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Alt J

I have but they are all so expensive, any advice on the lowest cost courses would be greatly appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 observed

sorry haven't completed on myself but know a few guys who used it to get another visa sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Alt J wrote: »
    I have but they are all so expensive, any advice on the lowest cost courses would be greatly appreciated :)

Browse here. http://www.tafecourses.com.au/?gclid=CN2_lImhi8UCFQOc2wod9o8ABQ

TAFE is a good system. You might actually find a course you like. Not just a visa stamp.

• Advertisement
Advertisement