Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many Calories in a Snackbox?

Options
  • 19-02-2012 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

El Snackbox.

2 pieces of southern fried chicken & a portion of chips

With new regulations coming to show how much calories in your food, I was wondering

How many calories in a snackbox?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Im gonna take a shot in the dark and say 1163

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Bout 3 fiddy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

What an interesting question:rolleyes:

59 squidoo

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

God I'd love a snackbox right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

One million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

About half the amount of the 10 pints you consumed before hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Around 1200.

The chips would be upwards of the 700 mark and the chicken would be around 250 or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Too many for you fatso.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

According to KFC, two pieces of chicken and large fries is 855 calories.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭The Uninvited Guest

Puddin' box is where it's at these days man

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

El Snackbox.

2 pieces of southern fried chicken & a portion of chips

With new regulations coming to show how much calories in your food, I was wondering

How many calories in a snackbox?

For the record...

So far there is no new regulations coming in that I know of.

The Minster of Health Dr James Reilly stated on TV two weeks ago on RTE's "Operation Transformation" (and it was mentioned already in a previous thread) that he has asked for a code of behaviour in relation to such places willingly displaying calorie content on their menu.
    Dr Reilly further stated that the response back from the food outlets was not good and that if they didn't respond better by the end of the year, AFTER THAT, he would then further consider introducing further statutory laws, legally forcing the food industry serving the public in cafes, etc in Ireland, to list calorie content.

They have till the end of the year to respond better with a voluntary system - if not, after that there might be further state laws introduced.
    Dr Reilly also stated that he would then name and shame those businesses that was currently unwilling to inform the public about the content they are eating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

According to KFC, two pieces of chicken and large fries is 855 calories.

If it's a snackbox from a chipper it should be a bit higher given there's more chips and they are a bigger size. Suppose it all depends on portion size. Either way it's some amount of calories for one sitting. Riddled with salt too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I would mow through a snackbox right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Just eat it, you puff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 178 ✭✭Paddy Bateman

Grease factor also has an impact

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Grease factor also has an impact

It does, having the comp on TV and voting off the worst snack box every week is driving the obesity epidemic. Get Grease Factor off TV is what I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Supermacs snack box with garlic mayo, nearly worth moving back to Ireland for. Droooool
    Damn you op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Who cares?

Suffice it to say it is marketed as a triple bypass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Billions there are even more in the trough box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Not enough chicken on the chicken these days,Its hard to find a decent snack box around ;-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

biko wrote: »

Yum! :D

Damn you, I want some of them right now! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

dont forget the bottle of coke too.....

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭mariano rivera

Around 1200.

The chips would be upwards of the 700 mark and the chicken would be around 250 or more.

wow:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I think the official statement of calories on a snackbox is: "A fucktonne"

Hope that answers your question :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

What's in a snatch box ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Biggins wrote: »
    They have till the end of the year to respond better with a voluntary system - if not, after that there might be further state laws introduced.
    Dr Reilly also stated that he would then name and shame those businesses that was currently unwilling to inform the public about the content they are eating.

To fecking right to be fair. If it's gotta be on packaging for produce, why not in restuarants/fast food outlets?

People will be suprised at how much is in the food that typically gets eaten.

With regards to the OPs question, it's gonna be hard to give you an outright anwser, I've once read of it being around 1,700 (honestly not sure how accurate that is) and thats probably gonna depend on how stingy your chipper is when throwing in the chips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Around 1200.

Talk about scaremongering :pac:

A snack box could be anywhere from 650 kCal to around 1200 kCal, it obviously depends on the portions. There is no real standard snack box, they vary far too much to give an accurate answer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

L'prof wrote: »

That's just for the drumstick and thigh, with chips that brings it up to 1075.

*according to their sheet.

Advertisement