Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Estate Agent Tactics!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭April 73

I've been following this thread & admit to scratching my head.
    House has an asking price of €310k. OP offers €260k. Not surprisingly refused!
    OP feels the house is worth his max budget of €290k & is prepared to spend €290k.
    EA has offer of €300k cash. Seller would obviously like to get to the asking price.
    What logic would dictate that the OPs offer would be accepted?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭CaoimheSquee

Galtee65 wrote: »
    The asking price was and is a bit optimistic anyhow? EA's are required to keep a record of bids lodged(I think), and are viewable at a later stage!

If I'm incorrect in this then so be it, it will be sold by then. So if I'm incorrect plse ignore and continue in the present, thanks!

Yes by law all bids must be recorded and passed to the vendor.

If you feel bidding is suspect then you lodge a complaint with the regulator and they will investigate the bidding. Bids do not become open for public viewing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Yes by law all bids must be recorded and passed to the vendor.

If you feel bidding is suspect then you lodge a complaint with the regulator and they will investigate the bidding. Bids do not become open for public viewing.

I'd love to hear how long and how thorough this investigation would be. I really believe they should open to public viewing and this would stop the estate agents with their tactics and driving up the prices of houses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I'm still scratching my head about the op's mortgage offer and deposit and bid on house.

Where is the deposit factored in??

Advertisement