Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead 2: Game Thread

Options
  • 24-01-2020 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭

Necro, Clarabel, quickbeam and Stu Redman present....

41nJXP9OhCL._SY445_.jpg

Werewolf: The Walking Dead 2

Welcome to Alexandria, a wonderful place where you can grow old. But keeping this place safe is not an easy task.

There are dangers outside the walls, and potentially within if you are not careful.

Villains who would seize control for themselves...

giphy.gif

And a more ominous threat of The Walking Dead - mindless zombies who only think of one thing - human flesh.
    53.gif

But within, there are citizens who can make a difference.

Can they all survive?

Characters:

Rick Grimes - Town Leader

Rick is the leader of the village and as such designates the daily and nightly tasks for the settlement. Each night he will have to choose three players to send out into the wilderness the next day to scavenge for supplies.

At the lynch he will also select three players for security duty – who cannot be the same players as above. They will guard the walls from any nasties who may attempt to inflict harm on the settlement.

The scavengers, although they are able to communicate with the village via the game thread will be barred from voting - and also immune from lynching that night. They will not return until the following day.

The players sent into the wild cannot be the same chosen on consecutive nights.

The security detail cannot be the same chosen on consecutive days.

IMPORTANT

Only the six players selected are available for the kills or converts… unless….

Should Rick select a wolf, or a walker for either detail then they will be able to infiltrate the camp and kill or convert who they choose.

Should Rick be killed, anarchy will descend upon Alexandria….

Scavengers Roles during the day - The scavengers will be given three locations to visit during the day phase. They will have time to visit two per day - at 1pm and 5pm. They will forage and gather supplies for Alexandria to ensure that supplies do not dwindle... and may even find a few personal, useful items for themselves.

Beware of the wilderness - it is not without its dangers.

There are other roles within Alexandria, which will most likely have a major part to play in the proceedings about to unfold.

The Saviours - Led by the mysterious figure known as Negan, this group want nothing more than to destroy Alexandria and all who live within. They will have a munch each night - and may also have some tricks up their sleeves to assist them....

giphy.gif

The Walkers - Mindless, flesh eating ghouls who seek to add to their numbers and overwhelm the living. They will convert players to their team.

source.gif

ALL roles, both evil and good can be converted by the walkers. Should one be converted they will lose access to their living abilities and become a mindless zombie. Any backroom they may have had access to in life will be cut off.

YOU ARE ALL THE WALKING DEAD - NO ONE IS IMMUNE - YOU'D BETTER MAKE SURE THEY ARE DEAD

Win Conditions:

Wolves - kill all walkers and gain parity with village

Walkers - Gain parity with both the wolf team and the village

Village - kill all evil players in the game.

Game Rules:

1) Once you are killed do not post in the thread again. DEAD PLAYERS DO NOT THANK LIVING PLAYERS POSTS

2) Don’t cheat, it’s a game that relies heavily on the players having integrity. No PMing other players in the game, and no chat about the game outside of this game thread. If you have any concerns about the game mechanics or the integrity of other players contact the mods via Werewolf GM who will make a decision. Do not discuss any of this in game or elsewhere.

3) Please all try to reasonably contribute to the game thread and always remember to get a vote in (where it is possible for you to do so) as a minimum. There is a 5 post per day minimum limit. If someone misses 2 votes or fails to make the minimum posting requirements on more than one occasion they will be substituted where possible or modkilled.

4) No posting of any PM's from the game mod or referring to the content of them without prior permission. PM WerewolfGM which will always be active throughout this game.

5) Game starts with a pre turn (night 0), followed by a munch at 10am Monday morning and the lynch will be at 9pm. After 9pm Monday will be considered night 1. Role reveals will take place on thread after each death. Conversions will happen on a pre determined night by the mods and continue every second night from that point going forward.

6) Do not share your vote form password to anyone else. All votes for the lynch have to be made by yourself. Voting will be done via Google forms with the link provided in the OP, the dedicated lynch link thread in the Werewolf Forum and your role PMs. In the event of a tied lynch, the lynch will be decided by last vote cast.

7) Policy on Abuse: Boards has a no-abuse rule in place that is in effect in this forum as well. By all means, call people on dodgy behaviour, point out if they are being silly or behaving strangely, be aggressive in your approach; but DO NOT abuse another player. If you feel another player has stepped over a line, the first step is to ask them to stop; if they do not, please PM a forum mod (sullivlo/Baggly/quickbeam) or use the report button on the post in question. Forum mods will investigate and action any issues at an appropriate time, keeping the game mods informed of any actions as needed.

8) Have fun, make memes, take the piss and try to enjoy the game.

NB: Not a rule but important for our community. We have new players playing or perhaps watching this game, so please make them feel welcome in the forum by behaving respectfully with your fellow players. If anyone new is reading this, we have a glossary of terms and acronyms, as well as this beginner’s guide, which is available to all within the werewolf sub forum.

Lynch Form Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeQnFgPcy4cpCWvD-sg8erV0ugrtBXuG9l0Hct5X2iFymF3Lg/viewform

List of players:

Abigail WW
    Angus WW
    Barbara WW
    Brendan WW
    Clodagh WW
    Conor WW
    Derry WW
    Desmond WW
    Doris WW
    Emily WW
    Ewan WW
    Gabriel WW
    Gertrude WW
    Henry WW
    Liam WW
    Mary WW
    Nigel WW
    Oisin WW
    Patrick WW
    Phil WW
    Riona WW
    Wendy WW
    Winifred WW
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Feel free to post.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

giphy.gif

Pissing our pants yet?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Hello game thread :D

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29aeec2f9afc3858151094037170cde164ab455a73&rid=giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Hello game thread :D

giphy.gif

Hi Rick.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29aeec2f9afc3858151094037170cde164ab455a73&rid=giphy.gif
    OK

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Evening all, my name is Desmond, but you can call me Des

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Evening all, my name is Desmond, but you can call me Des

Ok Desmond.

Good evening, Mr Tutu.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Announcing my arrival on thread!

• Advertisement

Doris WW wrote: »
    Announcing my arrival on thread!

Welcome Doris...
    giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2917a8ee3bf56114e19a8f13dcb122e8967bcc4330&rid=giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Evening, good to see the game has kicked off. Bring on the madness

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Ooo the thread is open, I wonder what is inside?
    tumblr_nhlmumeIP01u5bhdwo1_400.gifv

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Morning all, why are people so angry, we have a long road ahead.

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Morning all, why are people so angry, we have a long road ahead.

If by angry you mean the murder, death, kill gifs well that's what you gotta do with Zombies I mean walkers on the go, though right off the bat posting Negan gifs no doubt will get some on your back... so instead here is a Negan video we can study so as to learn their ways and catch them with :pac:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Good morning all.

giphy.gif

Good morning all.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2924fa5d588ad5612c728b940b5e3bd9478d4b2c7f&rid=giphy.gif

Right guys. A lot of suspiciously low posters so far.......

Abigail WW 3
    Henry WW 2
    Nigel WW 2
    Clarabel 2
    Desmond WW 2
    Phil WW 2
    Conor WW 1
    Winifred WW 1
    Gertrude WW 1
    Doris WW 1
    Patrick WW 1

My guess is that there in a wolf in amongst the top, middle and bottom of that list. Walkers are probably in the no post group at the minute trying to let the game play out and not make any missteps.

Will update in 30 minutes

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Howdy,

So i have to choose people, get talking so as i don’t have to choose blind.

I wont be choosing any 0 posters.

Rick.jpg

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Has anyone seen an oboe around? I know its around here somewhere, keep an eye out for it, whoever finds it will get to go on guard duty at next lynch.

• Advertisement

Abigail WW 3
    Henry WW 2
    Nigel WW 2
    Clarabel 2
    Desmond WW 2
    Phil WW 2
    Conor WW 1
    Winifred WW 1
    Gertrude WW 1
    Doris WW 1
    Patrick WW 1

My guess is that there in a wolf in amongst the top, middle and bottom of that list. Walkers are probably in the no post group at the minute trying to let the game play out and not make any missteps.

Winifred has two posts not one, that's a bit suspicious!!

Abigail WW 3
    Henry WW 2
    Nigel WW 2
    Clarabel 2
    Desmond WW 2
    Phil WW 2
    Conor WW 1
    Winifred WW 1
    Gertrude WW 1
    Doris WW 1
    Patrick WW 1

Were your Coco Pops laced with dodgy psychedelics? We're barely 12 hours in and 12 hours that have taken place over Saturday night and Sunday morning.

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Howdy,

So i have to choose people, get talking so as i don’t have to choose blind.

I wont be choosing any 0 posters.

Rick.jpg

It would be hilarious if you are serious.

Phil WW wrote: »
    Winifred has two posts not one, that's a bit suspicious!!

There's a whiff of task among the morning dew.

Henry WW wrote: »
    Were your Coco Pops laced with dodgy psychedelics? We're barely 12 hours in and 12 hours that have taken place over Saturday night and Sunday morning.

Whoosh :)

There's a whiff of task among the morning dew.

I didn't think of that, I assumed they are trying to be funny but it's a way of naming , was it , all the players !

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Has anyone seen an oboe around? I know its around here somewhere, keep an eye out for it, whoever finds it will get to go on guard duty at next lynch.

Is this something from the games?

Only thing I could gind was that this was used in the show

I'm Nigel
    giphy.gif

heard this guy has werewolves in his movie so seeing if he will lead me to them

Phil WW wrote: »
    I didn't think of that, I assumed they are trying to be funny but it's a way of naming , was it , all the players !

11 players named, seems a weirdly easy task.

giphy.gif

And for your information I would dare eat Coco Pops first thing....or in fact ever. I have a very strict diet of 5 servings a day

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

I would NOT dare*

Advertisement