Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are strange folders a virus?

Options
  • 02-02-2014 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi,
    From looking at the screengrab, does anyone know if I have some kind of virus? I have funny folders in my local disk drive which i only noticed today. When I try to open them they say I 'currently don't have permission' to access them. Is my own personal computer, so just a bit confused there are folders I can't access... Might be nothing. Any help appreciated.
    M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

if you are referring to the numbered folder and perflogs, they are windows folders

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭connorfleming

I'm not 100% sure what exactly they do, but whenever I plug my external hard drive into my pc it generates these folders on it. I've deleted them and had no problem but seeing as yours are on your C drive you could just make them hidden. Like the above post said, they are made by your OS

Advertisement