Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toast Of London

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

bump for tonight 10.30 pm channel 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭brian_t

Just found out that Harry Peacock aka Ray Purchase is married to the rather lovely Katherine Parkinson ( IT Crowd,Humans & The Kennedys),actually they appeared together in The Kennedys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

I've only watched this for the....

"Stephen, can you hear me?..... Its Clem Fandango"

I don't know why but every time Night of Culture on ITV was mentioned I laughed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Just found out that Harry Peacock aka Ray Purchase is married to the rather lovely Katherine Parkinson ( IT Crowd,Humans & The Kennedys),actually they appeared together in The Kennedys!

And his dad is nononononono Jim Trott (Trevor Peacock) from the Vicar of Dibley.

And his dad is nononononono Jim Trott (Trevor Peacock) from the Vicar of Dibley.

He has a brother,Daniel who appeared in a lot of the early Comic Strip episodes and also appeared as Basil Jet in an ep of Toast in the last series!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Matt Berry's delivery of every single line he has in the show is exquisite.

"Live television is a different box of cheese" doesn't look like much written down, but I was in stitches at the way he said it.

And every episode is jammed with lines like that

Brilliant.

Another brilliant episode last night. Matt Berry continues to crush it. The opening voiceover session had me in stitches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Roar wrote: »
    Another brilliant episode last night. Matt Berry continues to crush it. The opening voiceover session had me in stitches.

I love this show so much. Yeah his scream at the start was hilarious. Also loved the bit where Paul Whitehouse, deciding they were a bit early for the beauty contest, suggests they go lamping rabbits for a while. Completely pointless but still quite brilliant.

Peep Show-Toast double-whammey. Can't beat it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Toast just gets better and better.

The Clem Fandango bits alone are gold. And then there's another 27 minutes of epic entertainment to come!

I see Toast has a book out.

Toast on Toast. By Toast.

Just caught up with it, the "I'm going to **** your mother" gesture was inspired, ditto Churchills burial coverage.

I just love toast.

My firearms collection I leave to Annie Lennox...

Blair going back to the family seat in a horse drawn carriage cracked me up.

Great casting of Brian Blessed as Toast's father!

• Advertisement

This is no time to discuss whether Bob Monkhouse is a zombie like his wife!

Monkhouse impression was inspired esp as his gags completely befuddled Toast.

It looks like Ed is thinking of becoming a woman. She'd be quite elegant I'm sure.

That was epic tonight. The more surreal it got, the better it got.

I would have loved to have seen Toast's Dickie Davies. Shame.

"Tom Jones'" enthusiasm for the plastic tits cracked me up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

"Shameful Orgy"
    'No, Shane Fulorgy'

Another brilliant episode. Had to check to make sure Bob Monkhouse was dead. Good cameo by Pat Shortt as well. Matt Berry and his band playing at the end fitted very well with the show.

• Advertisement

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    "Shameful Orgy"
    'No, Shane Fulorgy'

Another brilliant episode. Had to check to make sure Bob Monkhouse was dead. Good cameo by Pat Shortt as well. Matt Berry and his band playing at the end fitted very well with the show.

I forgot about the names. LOL that was so funny. Still cracked up by "Penvelope" from 2 episodes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

This show is genius! Only discovered it recently & gorged on all 3 seasons the last 2 nights - I laughed, a lot. Toasts voice is like another character it's so good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Toasts voice is like another character it's so good!

I'm always waiting for him to pronounce something is his usual epic way. :)

I thought that the Egyptian dance bit was very good as well.

Its just one chucklesome moment after another. More silly names than a convention of Americans of Swedish/German origin! :)

Forfolks Sake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Ray bloody Purchase is pretty buff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

This is one of the funniest shows on TV right now. Completely off the wall. Purchase is a good foil for Toast, I love his swagger.

I'll never get tired of the two muppets in the recording studio, "It's Clem Fandango, can you hear me?".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

This is one of the funniest shows on TV right now. Completely off the wall. Purchase is a good foil for Toast, I love his swagger.

I'll never get tired of the two muppets in the recording studio, "It's Clem Fandango, can you hear me?".

Ah stop thats just brilliant.The one where hes just saying "yes"so simple so brilliant

Every week they find a way to make Toast uncomfortable, its great.

Watching a programme about old Variety Shows on BBC Four just now, and the Egyptian Sand Dance thing (which Toast and Purchase performed on the Royal Variety Show) pops up.

I thought it was something they made up for the show. Apparently this was very popular for decades. Hard to see the appeal.

• Advertisement

Matt Berry says he is writing new episodes of Toast with Arthur Mathews, which is nice.

No news of when they might make it to air

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2017/11/24/38525/toast_of_london_is_to_return

Edit: Or maybe not

https://twitter.com/porksmith/status/934102840343179264

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭geecee

good old Clem Fandango has now gone on to be one of the stars of Star Trek Discovery...
    Might be difficult to get him back into the recording studio!
    dsc-latiftheory-head.jpg

Matt Berry has a new 6x30 mins comedy series coming to channel 4 called "Year of the Rabbit"
    This brand new series follows Detective Inspector Rabbit (Berry), a hardened booze-hound who’s seen it all, and his new, hapless, by-the-books partner (Freddie Fox – Cucumber, Banana, Patrade’s End, King Arthur: Legend Of The Sword). While they’re investigating a local murder, the lewd but insightful adoptive daughter (Susan Wokoma – Chewing Gum, Crazyhead, Porters) of the chief of police joins them, becoming the country’s first female officer. Together, the trio must fight crime while rubbing shoulders with street gangs, crooked politicians, Bulgarian princes, spiritualists, music hall stars and the Elephant Man.
    https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/matt-berry/58293/year-of-the-rabbit-news

Damn you Ray Purchase!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

brian_t wrote: »
    Matt Berry has a new 6x30 mins comedy series coming to channel 4 called "Year of the Rabbit"

https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/matt-berry/58293/year-of-the-rabbit-news

He's also in the t.v. version of 'What We Do In The Shadows' with Kayan Novak (Facejacker, Four Lions)

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/shadows-tv-series-shares-first-trailer/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Skid X wrote: »

When she told him he wasn't getting paid for doing the gig he should have said 'Well you can f**k that sky-high for a start.' :D

Some mini audio only Toast of London episodes have appeared on Youtube

You can enjoy Phone Sex With Toast here

Why won't those arseholes at C4 commision a new series of Toast or Year of the Rabbit? Berry has said he's raring to go with both of them.
    Pity netflix, amazon etc wouldn't buy the rights and let him make a new series.

That's some terrible phone sex! :D

• Advertisement

Watching the American Election in the middle of the night was already surreal before I heard Steven Toast doing an advert on American Television during every break (Not sure what network, it might have been ABC or CNN)

Toast In America?

Not sure if this confirmed

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/6069/steven-toast-returns-via-bbc/

The BBC has commissioned Toast In America, a spin-off from Channel 4 sitcom Toast Of London, which will see Matt Berry reprising his role as the character Steven Toast.

Co-creator Arthur Mathews, speaking as part of the Chortle Comedy Book Festival, revealed Toast is to return to screens after what will have been a six-year break.

Chortle reports that he revealed the new series is expected to be shot next year.

I thought I smelled cheap aftershave and bullsh1t!

I thought I smelled cheap aftershave and bullsh1t!

It looks like this new BBC Toast show is confirmed, here comes 'Toast of Tinseltown'

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/comedy/toast-of-tinseltown-matt-berry-return/

https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2021/02/10/47811/bbc_confirms_toast_of_tinseltown

"Matt Berry is set to reprise the iconic role of Steven Toast for a brand new BBC One and BBC iPlayer six-part series.

Original Toast of London co-creator Arthur Mathews will also return to write alongside Berry, and the new series will see Toast attempt to take on Hollywood – with undoubtedly hilarious results.

The BBC has also confirmed there will be a mix of new and returning cast members joining the pair."

Ray Bloody Purchase better return or who can he rail against for the love of his wife?

• Advertisement

I hope Geoffrey McGivern makes an appearance as well. He's always great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,594 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I am surprised it has moved from Channel 4 to BBC 1

It's a rare event alright. The last transfer that I can recall within the mainstream "terrestrials" was Men Behaving Badly.

Obviously C5 recently revived All Creatures but that was a complete reboot.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Yes Clem Fandango, we'll hear you too!

Toast of Tinseltown starts on BBC Two on Tuesday 4th January.

• Advertisement
Advertisement