Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Oz...How Much $?

Options
  • 21-07-2015 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Obviously a subjective question, if you're planning on going back to Ireland how much would you say is a good amount to bring back.

Ballpark?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭d.pop

Murphy2015 wrote: »
    Obviously a subjective question, if you're planning on going back to Ireland how much would you say is a good amount to bring back.

Ballpark?

Very subjective...., when I first returned from Aus after my WHV I had $300 and owed my buddy half that which I had to hand over on my first night home.

Returned a few weeks ago after several years as a "grown up" with significantly more but still not enough...
    Relocating a family, shipping, flights, cars at home, start up costs... phones/insurances etc can easily run into $10,000's so have to figure that in.

No easy answer though a few lads I worked with had worked hard for 5years approx and saved enough to clear mortgages and/or buy site and/or build a house. Guess that would be >€100k ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

If you're single with no immediate work lined up but would like to live where the potential work is then you'll need a few thousand for getting set with accommodation and job hunting.

As a general rule I advocate always having in reserve a cushion of three months average wage but with relocating country I'd add in two more months.

Advertisement