Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going over on evisitor while 457 processing

Options
  • 17-07-2015 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi all

My partner got offered a job as a registrar in Melbourne back in June and so we applied for a 457 visa with me added as de facto on it. We've submitted all our evidence, health checks etc but still no sign of the visa being approved. Immigration did ask or more info to prove de facto relationship, which we provided.

He is due commence work on 3rd August and so we wanted to get over there and get to know the areas and basically chill out before he starts work (provided the 457 comes through of course).

Does anyone have any experience of entering Oz on an evisitor with one way flights booked whilst a 457 is processor? Obviously neither of us will work until we have correct visa (if we get it!) and we have sufficient funds to buy a return flight home.

Anyone envisage any problems with immigration on this

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Many.

They will possibly assume the visa may not be granted.

They may worry that he will start work early.

The one way flight on a holiday visa.

There are quite a lot of variables. Of course it could all go smoothly. It really depends.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

Would you not be placed on a bridging visa?
    Will be applying for a 457 in the next week or so with my partner but we are in Melbourne!
    We are heading home for a holiday at the beginning of October and worried it won't be granted in time!
    How long ago have you applied?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 PharmBoyUCD

Would you not be placed on a bridging visa?
    Will be applying for a 457 in the next week or so with my partner but we are in Melbourne!
    We are heading home for a holiday at the beginning of October and worried it won't be granted in time!
    How long ago have you applied?

Hey

The nomination came through on July 2nd and we submitted our part of the application on 3rd July. They then requested further evidence of de facto on 6th July which we submitted on the 8th. The last step then was finalising the medical exams on 16th July and we haven't heard anything since. it's an anxious wait since we're both due to start work on the 3rd August but obviously that date is dependent on the 457 coming through.

Good luck with your application!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Just heard there is a considerable backlog of 457 applications due to Dept of Immigration industrial action.

This is probably what's causing your delays. I knew there was issues at airports but makes sense visa applications are also getting hit if it's all work to rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

Hey

The nomination came through on July 2nd and we submitted our part of the application on 3rd July. They then requested further evidence of de facto on 6th July which we submitted on the 8th. The last step then was finalising the medical exams on 16th July and we haven't heard anything since. it's an anxious wait since we're both due to start work on the 3rd August but obviously that date is dependent on the 457 coming through.

Good luck with your application!

That's good they seem very prompt ! I'm here fretting because my first year visa is up and we were told we could expect an 8 week turnaround for everything ! Did you submit much information for the de-facto?

You will love Melbourne !!

• Advertisement

Batgurl wrote: »
    Just heard there is a considerable backlog of 457 applications due to Dept of Immigration industrial action.

This is probably what's causing your delays. I knew there was issues at airports but makes sense visa applications are also getting hit if it's all work to rule.

No way, are you serious!? Sh*te. Guess we won't be starting work on 3rd August so :-(.

Ugh!!!

That's good they seem very prompt ! I'm here fretting because my first year visa is up and we were told we could expect an 8 week turnaround for everything ! Did you submit much information for the de-facto?

You will love Melbourne !!

Hearing great things about Melbourne! Haven't being before so we don't know what to expect :-D.
    We're together 6 years an living together for 2 so we had plenty of evidence to submit. Utility bill in same name, letter from letting agent stating we've lived together for 2 years, letter from our friend discussing our relationship, letter from ourselves, photos, bank account statements showing rent/bill transactions to each account etc. We're hoping that's enough evidence, thu didn't ask for anything more after the first time. Fingers crossed :-).

Hopefully the industrial action won't slow this down too much. Typical!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

Be very careful on having two visas at one time, not really possible............. Ring London and ask they are very helpful. Best of luck

Coming in on the evisitor turned out to be fine, but we're still waiting on the 457 visa to be approved. Taking weeks!

Advertisement