Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Directions to Caherdavin Community Centre.

Options
  • 25-02-2015 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭

I am looking for directions to the community centre in Caherdavin please. We have a draughts qualifier there on Sunday and I need to send directions to all parents. I have looked at Google maps but I need to be able to tell them exactly where to go.

I suppose using the maternity as a starting point, most will be familiar with that!! A lot will be coming from very rural areas of west limerick, not familiar at all with the big smoke ;)

Thanking you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

I am looking for directions to the community centre in Caherdavin please. We have a draughts qualifier there on Sunday and I need to send directions to all parents. I have looked at Google maps but I need to be able to tell them exactly where to go.

I suppose using the maternity as a starting point, most will be familiar with that!! A lot will be coming from very rural areas of west limerick, not familiar at all with the big smoke ;)

Thanking you.

52.675923, -8.663995

If your coming out of town and the maternity is on your right hand side and your facing towards shannon. Drive straight until you reach the Gaelic Grounds on your right. Pass through a set of lights that lead to lidl, supermacs and the Jetland Shopping Centre. Go through the next set of lights (Ivans Cross) and take your first right. go up the hill till you go to a T-Junction. Turn right and take the next left, go straight until a T Junction and a School are in front of you. Take a Left. Then take the next right. Follow the road around and as you go down the hill its right in front of you.

If alot of them are coming from west limerick would it be fair to say they would be coming in along the dock road?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

cronin_j wrote: »
    52.675923, -8.663995

If your coming out of town and the maternity is on your right hand side and your facing towards shannon. Drive straight until you reach the Gaelic Grounds on your right. Pass through a set of lights that lead to lidl, supermacs and the Jetland Shopping Centre. Go through the next set of lights (Ivans Cross) and take your first right. go up the hill till you go to a T-Junction. Turn right and take the next left, go straight until a T Junction and a School are in front of you. Take a Left. Then take the next right. Follow the road around and as you go down the hill its right in front of you.

If alot of them are coming from west limerick would it be fair to say they would be coming in along the dock road?

Thanks a million for your reply. Yes we will be coming in dock road.

Sorry now, but the right we take from the Ennis road that's not towards thomand park is it, or is it the next right?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

It's directly opposite advanced pitstop. You'll be driving up past a mace.

Thanks a million for your reply. Yes we will be coming in dock road.

Sorry now, but the right we take from the Ennis road that's not towards thomand park is it, or is it the next right?

If thats the case, come over the shannon bridge and keep driving straight out the condell road until you reach a round about. take the 3rd exit and drive straight to the next roundabout, at this one take the first exit and youll come up to Ivans Cross take the left at this cross (straight would bring you to thomond park) and take your first right. go up the hill till you go to a T-Junction. Turn right and take the next left, go straight until a T Junction and a School are in front of you. Take a Left. Then take the next right. Follow the road around and as you go down the hill its right in front of you.

If thats the case, come over the shannon bridge and keep driving straight out the condell road until you reach a round about. take the 3rd exit and drive straight to the next roundabout, at this one take the first exit and youll come up to Ivans Cross take the left at this cross (straight would bring you to thomond park) and take your first right. go up the hill till you go to a T-Junction. Turn right and take the next left, go straight until a T Junction and a School are in front of you. Take a Left. Then take the next right. Follow the road around and as you go down the hill its right in front of you.

That's perfect J. Thank you so much. Will send out text now and await the deluge of questions :(;)

• Advertisement

That's perfect J. Thank you so much. Will send out text now and await the deluge of questions :(;)

Give em the Co-ords, surely they have a phone capable of google maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,772 ✭✭✭✭phog

If it was me, I'd tell anyone coming through the city to pass out Thomond Park, take the 2nd exit off the roundabout, pass out the front of LIT. After the first set of pedestrian lights take the 1st left (on to Whitethorn Drive), the community centre is towards the end of the straight section of this road on your right.

Anyone coming through the tunnel, exit for Caherdavin, 2nd exit from roundabout after the toll booth, 1st exit at next roundabout, straight through at lights at Ivan and then take the 1st left, 2nd left at school grounds, then right (after the church) and left and down to the cnetre.

Anyone coming form Clare side could come into Ivan lights or follow the directions given above by cronin_j

Give em the Co-ords, surely they have a phone capable of google maps.

Yes some have sat navs and Google maps, there are a few however that don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

It's a red building?

Fireball07 wrote: »
    It's a red building?

Are you asking or telling me?

My heart is broken, how difficult can it be to follow direct directions, my phone hasn't stopped all day.

It would be do much easier to hire a bus.

Looks like I have a convoy of 12-15 cars following me tomorro.............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Are you asking or telling me?

My heart is broken, how difficult can it be to follow direct directions, my phone hasn't stopped all day.

It would be do much easier to hire a bus.

Looks like I have a convoy of 12-15 cars following me tomorro.............

Asking...

not you specifically though :p phog, cronin_j et al.

If it is that red building, I'd say it should be alright to find.

Cronin_j thank you so much for the directions, they were perfect.

Advertisement