Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night out in Waterford?

Options
  • 25-02-2015 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Just wondering what is Waterford like for a nightout? What's the best places to go etc? Thinking of going for a weekend away with the girls

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

I know a lot of people in college down there and they said its very good, especially The Foundary and some other place (cant remember its name now!)
    I know some people who went down at the weekends and they said its good too, but by the sounds of it The Foundary seems like the place to be

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I know a lot of people in college down there and they said its very good, especially The Foundary and some other place (cant remember its name now!)
    I know some people who went down at the weekends and they said its good too, but by the sounds of it The Foundary seems like the place to be
    If you're under 20...

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

Adyx wrote: »
    If you're under 20...

True, it is kind of a young persons place to be.. It suits me as I am that age but it might not be as good for anyone older (no offence being directed at anyone!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

When I was there Geoffs seemed lively with a good mix of ages ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

+1 for Geoffs... more mature crowd (nobody puking in the jax)

Anytime i can afford to go into town id go there

H

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭wallywhittle

paddy Brown's in Lisduggan always has a good atmosphere and the drink is fairly good as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,651 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

if you're a muck savage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

The Reginald.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Just wondering what is Waterford like for a nightout? What's the best places to go etc? Thinking of going for a weekend away with the girls

If you give us an idea of what age you are and what sort of things you're into (loud nightclubs, loud pubs, quiet cosy pubs, what sort of music, restaurants, what sort of food), we'll be able to give you a better idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Sinnotts/The Reg if you're over 23. Two nice spots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Adyx wrote: »
    If you're under 20...

Absolutely. The Foundry is an absolute kip for anyone over the age of 23

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭deadybai

lertsnim wrote: »
    Absolutely. The Foundry is an absolute kip for anyone over the age of 23

The Foundry is great for 16-19 year olds. Crystal is the best place in town for everyone. Has Shortts bar and a decent smoking area.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

deadybai wrote: »
    The Foundry is great for 16-19 year olds. Crystal is the best place in town for everyone. Has Shortts bar and a decent smoking area.

Foundry isn't bad but as others posters said its 18-24 yr olds if that's your age your sorted :)
    Sinnotts/Reg older crowd both decent places for a late drink.
    Crystal is gone to the dogs, full of 16 year olds on disco biscuits.
    Geoffs is ok as a starting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Just make sure you have life assurance before you head out.

Advertisement