Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it legal to drive with 2 different tyres on the front?

• 06-07-2020 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭batman1

I got a hire car delivered this morning and only just noticed that the 2 front tyres are different, in both brand and age. One looks to be new and the other one is old, one is a premium, one is Chinese. One is an all season tyre also.
    Should I ring them up to get another car?

I'd it even legal to drive it?

Comments

Perfectly legal.

It’s legal (if each one is legal in its own right), but very much not advised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭User1998

If you have one summer tyre and one winter tyre on the same axel you will fail the nct, but two summers and two winters will pass. Pretty sure its still legal tho to have one summer and one winter. Different brands are fine also

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭batman1

The new one is nankang sp7. I can't see an E marking on it or a manufacturing date . I'm guessing these should be easy to spot on the outside wall?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭mikeecho

batman1 wrote: »
    The new one is nankang sp7. I can't see an E marking on it or a manufacturing date . I'm guessing these should be easy to spot on the outside wall?

Sometimes the E. Mark might be on the inside wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Nanking would be at the top end of Chinese tyre brands.

Advertisement