Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ikea queues

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Minier81 wrote:
    I was there around 1pm last Friday. No queues to get in, not busy in showroom and only marginally busier in the market, no queues for tills even. I've never seen it quieter.

Great thanks! Sat/Sun usually busier than midweek I suppose but good to know the crazy queues aren't a constant thing

FAO anyone considering going.. Went at 4pm today (Sunday), at least 50 people in front of me! Turned back home. I expected to have to wait but didn't think it would be that bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Cash_Q wrote: »
    FAO anyone considering going.. Went at 4pm today (Sunday), at least 50 people in front of me! Turned back home. I expected to have to wait but didn't think it would be that bad.

In fairness, you left it until the worst possible time on the worst day.

Jim_Hodge wrote:
    In fairness, you left it until the worst possible time on the worst day.

I know that now yeah, I have a 9m old and a 2yr old and originally tried to leave at 9.30a.m. but one thing after another kept pushing it back all day; I eventually escaped at the worst time. I knew it deep down but the drive there and back was a bit of peace at least! Like everyone else there, there's not really many other times of day or other days of the week I could realistically go. Nothing in the shop could justify that queue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭racersedge

Any recent experience on a weekday trip to IKEA? Have several bits that need returning from a kitchen project (don’t know what the ‘kitchen planner’ was thinking) and angling for an early morning run on it to avoid weekend crowds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭thebiglad

racersedge wrote: »
    Any recent experience on a weekday trip to IKEA? Have several bits that need returning from a kitchen project (don’t know what the ‘kitchen planner’ was thinking) and angling for an early morning run on it to avoid weekend crowds.

I was there on a Monday morning 2 weeks ago, no queue at around 10am. Incidentally I was also there Saturday at 5 and only 10 minute queue so, perhaps things have settled down, stock seemed ok too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭racersedge

thebiglad wrote: »
    I was there on a Monday morning 2 weeks ago, no queue at around 10am. Incidentally I was also there Saturday at 5 and only 10 minute queue so, perhaps things have settled down, stock seemed ok too.

Cheers for that. While I don't mind a bit of a queue, I still have memories of attempting to go there last summer and the cars queued to the gate! Been itching to get up there to do a returns on several un-warranted parts from the kitchen order so an opportunity to come out of Ikea with more money in my pocket than I usually do!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

racersedge wrote: »
    Cheers for that. While I don't mind a bit of a queue, I still have memories of attempting to go there last summer and the cars queued to the gate! Been itching to get up there to do a returns on several un-warranted parts from the kitchen order so an opportunity to come out of Ikea with more money in my pocket than I usually do!

If you are close to Carricmines, you can do returns there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭nc6000

Was there about 6PM last Wednesday, no queue so able to walk straight in.

Advertisement