Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dundalk IV

• 25-02-2008 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

Dundalk IV is scheduled for this weekend. If anyone has any information about it, please post here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Misch

Hi all,

Here are the details for the Dundalk IV which will be held on Saturday the 1st of March.

Each college will be limited to 10 places.

Start times:
    Early Group starts at 9:30am so be there at 9:00am
    Late Group start at 11:00am so be there at 10:30am

Entry fee are 8 euro per person which doesn't include food.

Team lists can be forward a.s.a.p. to Barry Faulkner: barryfaulkner158@hotmail.com

The team list should include the number of compound, recurve, barebow, male, female, advanced and beginners.

If you need any more information email Barry or call him on 0833092310

Michèle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭johnreck

WHAAAAT. 8 euro and no FOOD.
    UCD did it for 7 with food and very very nice medals i swear were being robed so we are.
    and they say dublin prices are more costly, I think not.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Memori

UCD charged 10 euro per shooter not 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

Also, it's their first intervarsity, give them a fscking chance John..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Scottish Rob

Best wishes to Dundalk for the shoot, don't listen to the complaints, your entry fee is very very reasonable, a fraction of the cost of each arrow that many of the archers are going to be shooting. Well done to you all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Best wishes to Dundalk for the shoot, don't listen to the complaints, your entry fee is very very reasonable, a fraction of the cost of each arrow that many of the archers are going to be shooting. Well done to you all

Here here

Fair play to ye, looking forward to this one. New college, new venue, big windmill thing to play with - will be a good one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭ruiner

Hey if you guys need any help or want to ask any questions, fire away. We all remember our first intervarsity to organize. Stress stress stress for me anyway :)

Back in the really old days each IV was a tenner so wouldn't worry about the cost. You have to charge what makes ends meet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭MicS

Can I also ask for directions? I've found location of DKIT on the map. But where is the shooting itself going to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Robinhood101

Looking forward to this one....Bring on the fun...question which campus is it in????

Dundalk has only one campus, it's called Dundalk IT (or Dkit) and the shooting will be in the college sports hall.

Direction:

Arriving by car (on the motorway) take the exit Dundalk(south), after you passed Xerox, turn left (at the traffic lights) and the campus is straight away on your right side.

Arriving by bus from Dublin, the bus will stop in front of the college (before it drives to the town)

To get to the sports hall, you have to enter the main building, turn right and walk to the next building where you have a double door on your left which leads you to the sports hall.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 olymacfoogal

and coming from belfast? sorry to be awkward...

Same applies, streak down the M1 till the Dundalk South exit, and follow the same directions.. If you see Drogheda you've gone too far :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 olymacfoogal

from belfast on a bus? land in bus station. is it far from there?

You have a few options:

You can ask the bus driver if he would stop at the college, most of them don't but I met already a few nice ones which did.

There are town buses which you can take at the bus station and they will stop at the side entrance of the college so you have to cross the campus or walk around. Dkit campus is very small so should not be a problem.

The easiest way would be take a taxi at the bus station.

The bus station is about 45 minutes walk away from the college (if you know the way), I would not recommend this with all the gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Kron

Are there any haute cuisine establishments nearby? Or a chipper will do me grand too. :)

Kron wrote:
    Are there any haute cuisine establishments nearby?

Always wondered how you spelt haute ...............

We arranged something with the college where you can buy food.

Sorry for the late notice,
    early group: DKIT, DCU, DIT, UCD, RCSI
    late group: NUIG, UL, GMIT, NUIM, CIT

there are still some places availabe

if anybody can't find the college or stuck at the bus station, call Barry Faulkner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭MicS

Results are up at http://www.ucd.ie/archery

I did not have any categories in the data I've got, so all categories of people are my guesses. But I need more information on:
    - Siubhan Leannan (GMIT)

Other questions:
    - Davina Drujon (DKIT) counted in team but also marked as guest. Which is correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Suaimhneas

- Siubhán Leannan (GMIT) is a Barebow shooter. thanks mics,v. quick work!
    Class work for everything guys, really turned out well ... plus its always nice to hear dkit's Recreation officer singing archery's praises at the end! -but who'd blame him! ;)

• Advertisement

Props to James for taking the record - good to see some decent archers coming up the ranks..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Siubhan Leannan (GMIT) is not barebow anymore, she's sight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Suaimhneas

ooh when did she become converted??:) she was still on the lads teamlist as a bb!

Davina Drujon was shooting for Dkit
    Karen Dunne doesn't shoot recurve anymore, she shoot compound.

Well done DkIT - very well run, hall looked great and very snazzy medals and uniforms.

Here's to many more DkIT IV's!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

she got converted about a week ago...iv tried to bring her back to the barebowness! but she done really well with a sight so we'll leave her with it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mogsey

Thanks to everyone who came to the shoot. it was a very enjoyable day.

I've just uploaded all the photo's taken by us up onto our bebo page at: www.bebo.com/dkitarchery. Feel free to have a look.

See you all soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭tenacious-me

Hey,
    great Intervarsity, loved the superbutts, great organisation despite the wee slip up at the end: :D
    Three cheers for DKIT and the more IVs to come!!

Advertisement