Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Remembering

• 14-11-2005 10:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭

ok since this is my 1000 post i thought i would do i nice rememberance to why i joined boards & what happened with it

it was back in 2003 during the intervarsities when a certain noel (im not going to say which one) kept harping on about archery forums, & organising stuff.

"pshhh" i said, "forums are crap & always will be" "just look at ewans first website :p " (maybe i was slightly wrong about that :) )

so eventually i logged on to read some stuff & see what they were on about, & actually i thought it was quite good so i decided to make my first post (unfortunately i cant find that first post due to the searchin being disabled :mad: )

thats how it started, all nice and happy, with everyone getting on great until march 2004 when suddenly (like a stampede of mad baggins') i got quite peeved with the "management" & started my own 1916 rising (better known as dit hurl abuse at dcu :D ). With all the penis's being thrown around (looking at you renegade), & random people coming in to throw abuse & get banned, we all kinda lost sight of what this forum was set up for (still have some of those pm's, very funny). Eventually the olive branch was extended & things started to settle down to regular Ewan abuse & calling baggins a hobbit (basic archery etiquette)

But in time i kinda drifted away from my home forum (& archery) to take up new residence in the games section & occasionally a few other threads, but always coming back now and again to stir up a bit of nonsense, but im glad to see that me dit protege's have kept up the madness (aka the tao of madrab)

I woulds just like to say thanks & keep on shooting (hopefully ill be back to kick all your asses soon :D )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭feckidyparp

AHHHHH. isn't that just super.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

thank you, it will be noted for when the apocalypse comes forth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭toxof

Wont you be president of the world with it comes??

MADRAB for president!!!!!

(Sorry for dragging this up again:D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

Ah yes, that forum on my website generated a lot of arse-talk, it has to be said. Happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭feckidyparp

toxof wrote:
    Wont you be president of the world with it comes??

MADRAB for president!!!!!

(Sorry for dragging this up again:D )

God help us all!!!

• Advertisement

<_<
    >_>
    <_<

w00t 2000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭baggins

So what you're saying is madrab IS still alive???
    Damn, i was hoping i could loot his possessions and yoink myself a LH GM.

Ah well.

MADRAB for stuff!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

baggins wrote:
    So what you're saying is madrab IS still alive???
    Damn, i was hoping i could loot his possessions and yoink myself a LH GM.

Would you _really_ want a pink GM?

Well i have a pink aguila, so it's not that big a jump in fairness.

pink ftw!!!!

yeah still alive, just not in an archery phase for the moment but i will return...........

• Advertisement

madrab wrote:
    yeah still alive, just not in an archery phase for the moment but i will return...........

I'll believe that when i see it.

baggins wrote:
    I'll believe that when i see it.
    oh you'll see it, you'll see it good.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭toxof

Hey madrab, if you do come back to archery, which side will you be on. Light or dark.

Some one has asked me do you want a bowtec 40-50lbs 200euro. Great condition.

Toxof, dont encourage him to the dark side, he's bad (or is that good) enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Are many people considering the dark side of the compound for next season? Got an UltraTec on the cheap and started using it, pretty sweet stuff! Might be nice to increase the compound numbers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭lilRedSmurf

Mwah hahahahaha....

Yes join me on the dark side!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Aryzel

remember only 1 compound score can count in you team score, unless ye change the rules.

To hijack this thread, whats the story with weekend outdoor archery practice around dublin. I've started shooting abit in my back garden.

Advertisement