Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple Airpods return/refund policy

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭cr-07

Your advice was helpful, thank you very much. Same said for everyones comments here, all very helpful information and advice. I wasn't trying to be smart with my antidotes or anything, just wanted to see if my view held any water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

cr-07 wrote: »
    the Airpods cost me €179, and that's what I'm claiming for. I understand I paid nothing for the engraving, but the engraving is listed as a 'feature', just check out the website and see for yourselves. The same way wireless charging would be a feature.

The Airpods were faulty when first bought, as agreed by Apple & Compu B. What I paid for was a new pair of Airpods with engraving. So does the mean I should just accept to take a pair of refurbished ones with no engraving?

The 'solution' I was offered most recently by Apple is to fill out a feedback form, which might find its way to some Apple guru who might change Apples policies to agree to replace engraved Airpods. How ridiculous is that.

A possible fix from Apple would of been offer apple credit (digital gift card) to the full amount, and then you repurchase airpods. Was this asked or offered?

A possible fix from Apple would of been offer apple credit (digital gift card) to the full amount, and then you repurchase airpods. Was this asked or offered?

Very good point. Was never offered and was never asked.

Hi everyone. Just to add some closure, I have filed a case with the small claims court a couple of months ago, but due to covid19, all of the cases have been frozen up until a week ago, when my case has been accepted.

Today I have received a call from an Apple representative, stating that they have received the letter from the small claims court, and that he has discussed with his legal team and they have decided to try and reach an agreement with me. They have offered a full refund, or a brand new replacement case with engraving. I have opted for the refund as I have bought another set of Airpods a couple of weeks ago.

So to end a lengthy ordeal, I have successfully won my case and am being issues a full refund. Today is a good day 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Excellent result. Apple finally came up with a good solution, that satisfied the customer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Excellent result. Apple finally came up with a good solution, that satisfied the customer.

It's great news, but let's not say Apple came up with a good solution, they just didn't want to go through the court system as they knew they'd lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭skinny90

Sonics2k wrote: »
    It's great news, but let's not say Apple came up with a good solution, they just didn't want to go through the court system as they knew they'd lose.

this is a weird one tho. its almost like due the engraving (which should never be a problem anyways,) not covered in their returns policy the OP had to go down this route...it was always gonna be a win for the OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭duffman13

Sonics2k wrote: »

The cost of sending someone to represent them would be outweighed by the cost of just refunding, not an admission of defeat although its a win for the OP. Fair play on pushing it, id be pissed too if I were you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭flexcon

Hi everyone. Just to add some closure, I have filed a case with the small claims court a couple of months ago, but due to covid19, all of the cases have been frozen up until a week ago, when my case has been accepted.

Today I have received a call from an Apple representative, stating that they have received the letter from the small claims court, and that he has discussed with his legal team and they have decided to try and reach an agreement with me. They have offered a full refund, or a brand new replacement case with engraving. I have opted for the refund as I have bought another set of Airpods a couple of weeks ago.

So to end a lengthy ordeal, I have successfully won my case and am being issues a full refund. Today is a good day 😊

Great news! Glad you got sorted

Very puzzled at being offered engraved Case with no AirPods inside. It's not doable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭rock22

Well done. And a lesson to those who advised you against going to court to vindicate your consumer rights.

Advertisement