Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Mod Note - No 'Dublin Dominance' chat allowed!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

In a fit of unusual optimism, and if the lifting of restrictions proceeds I wonder what the chances of a limited number being allowed go to see final are?

Following on that, and if they were to allow 5,000 attend as seems to be way Brits are headed and as is practise for soccer and rugby in France and elsewhere, how would they decide on allocation?

Would we PP holders and ST holders be in a limited draw?

(I would trust that if the above scenario does transpire, that no-one outside of participating counties gets a shot at a ticket. And yes, that includes none for TDs etc, etc.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,560 ✭✭✭celt262

Bonniedog wrote: »
    In a fit of unusual optimism, and if the lifting of restrictions proceeds I wonder what the chances of a limited number being allowed go to see final are?

Following on that, and if they were to allow 5,000 attend as seems to be way Brits are headed and as is practise for soccer and rugby in France and elsewhere, how would they decide on allocation?

(I would trust that if the above scenario does transpire, that no-one outside of participating counties gets a shot at a ticket. And yes, that includes none for TDs etc, etc.)

I don't think Cavan would be on for given any of there share of All-Ireland final tickets to PP holders.

They wouldn't be getting any if it is confined to the two counties taking part :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

They wouldn't be getting any if it is confined to the two counties taking part :-)

parksandrec-shock-chrispratt-gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Yous won't have to worry about the final anyway lads. Yer season ends Saturday week ;)

• Advertisement

Even if Dublin did lose, I'm sure the Supreme Court would eventually overturn the decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Even if Dublin did lose, I'm sure the Supreme Court would eventually overturn the decision.

Money talks sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,908 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Money talks sure!

Not a hope lads....remember it is Cavan that Dublin are playing...

They would hardly pay the petrol to the Courts never mind bring a case.

I suspect the talk of moving the game to Navan is also a financial consideration. Cavan is much nearer to Navan. More petrol saved! :D

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,560 ✭✭✭celt262

Not a hope lads....remember it is Cavan that Dublin are playing...

They would hardly pay the petrol to the Courts never mind bring a case.

I suspect the talk of moving the game to Navan is also a financial consideration. Cavan is much nearer to Navan. More petrol saved! :D

That's true wouldnt be privileged enough to get free cars.

celt262 wrote: »
    That's true wouldnt be privileged enough to get free cars.

Well played ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

The stars are aligning over Drumcondra. Costelloes red card overturned tonight.

I think I just felt an aftershock of Kevin McStay exploding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Fann Linn wrote: »

That's gonna trigger a lot of people. You love to see it. Someone put up a popcorn gif.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Fann Linn wrote: »

Apparently overturned after the linesman admitted he was actually a f****ing p***k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

Happy enough to see that card overturned. I got annihilated on the match thread when I said the linesman maybe needed to toughen up. Granted, poor choice of words. Thicker skin required by him maybe. Potentially ruining a lads year for that.

Spose we will never know what actually happened. Never a red card though in the heat of a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

I'd say they believed him that he was mouthing to the Meath player and not the linesman.

Money talks sure!

And we have loads of it

Slattsy wrote: »
    That's gonna trigger a lot of people. You love to see it. Someone put up a popcorn gif.

Is it not time to reclaim Keane's Christian Bale gif. He hasn't needed it this year.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Happy enough to see that card overturned. I got annihilated on the match thread when I said the linesman maybe needed to toughen up. Granted, poor choice of words. Thicker skin required by him maybe. Potentially ruining a lads year for that.

Spose we will never know what actually happened. Never a red card though in the heat of a match.

If you keep going on like the you'll be banned from heading SW after lockdown .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

If you keep going on like the you'll be banned from heading SW after lockdown .

Funnily enough, I was chatting to my brother today about the Dubs. He made the point that he was happy we stayed on for the presentation and celebrations after the final last year and he was shocked at the time the amount of people leaving in dub and Kerry gear. Obviously gutted on the day but we got to witness history, saw Bernard and Connolly lift it for their last time, and we were there for the 5 until the end. Same as the Seamus Darby goal, in 20 years time you could have a million people claiming they were in croke park to see the 5. But we know we stayed on to salute them.

Also, txt a mate of mine after the Meath game after having a fairly heated argument with him 4 years ago telling him this Dublin team would set and break all kinds of records. He replied and said just cos I'm right doesnt mean I need to be a prick :pac: hes a bull thick Kerry man so not sure he is happy with current events.

Anyway, that's my ramble. I'll leave ye to it.

• Advertisement

dobman88 wrote: »
    Funnily enough, I was chatting to my brother today about the Dubs. He made the point that he was happy we stayed on for the presentation and celebrations after the final last year and he was shocked at the time the amount of people leaving in dub and Kerry gear. Obviously gutted on the day but we got to witness history, saw Bernard and Connolly lift it for their last time, and we were there for the 5 until the end. Same as the Seamus Darby goal, in 20 years time you could have a million people claiming they were in croke park to see the 5. But we know we stayed on to salute them.

Also, txt a mate of mine after the Meath game after having a fairly heated argument with him 4 years ago telling him this Dublin team would set and break all kinds of records. He replied and said just cos I'm right doesnt mean I need to be a prick :pac: hes a bull thick Kerry man so not sure he is happy with current events.

Anyway, that's my ramble. I'll leave ye to it.

Sure same as me staying behind to clap ye off during the AIQF 2009. Though, I've not been as magnanimous since. :)

Tbf, last year reminded me a bit about 2015, you couldn't really be bitter about it from a Kerry pov, you were never winning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Always stay for the presentations surprised even in 2011 to see some leave straight after the game finished they are moments I really savour .

Sure same as me staying behind to clap ye off during the AIQF 2009. Though, I've not been as magnanimous since. :)

Closest I ever came to leaving a game. At that game was felt mortified and fed up sick of Kerry. I remember thinking, they play a different sport to Dublin. And I always stay until the end of games.

Something that is annoying me about the turning points between Dublin v Kerry since the 70's and 80's how long were the gaps between not winning/losing against the Kingdom exactly?

Was that league draw (Parnell Park) between Dublin and Kerry in 2009 the first time Dublin did not lose to in league or championship to Kerry since the 70's or 80's? How long was the wait exactly?

When exactly was the first time Dublin beat Kerry in League or championship since the 70's/80's was it 2010 league game in Kerry? And how long was the wait?

Or has everything in my mind become so scrambled I have forgotten the key events?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Women did well to come out on top against Armagh. Great match. Certainly being put to the pins of their collar this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Women did well to come out on top against Armagh. Great match. Certainly being put to the pins of their collar this year.

7th final on the trot and I reckon they'll make it 4 in a row.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Rolo2010

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    7th final on the trot and I reckon they'll make it 4 in a row.

A relief after all those years of Cork domination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭spakman

Rolo2010 wrote: »
    A relief after all those years of Cork domination.

The irony....

spakman wrote: »
    The irony....

Better than seeing Cork win 9 in a row.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

It's funny no one ever complained when the Cork ladies were winning all those all irelands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

It's funny no one ever complained when the Cork ladies were winning all those all irelands.

Thats because some people believe that Cork's titles were down to hard work and natural talent while Dublin's are down solely to money.

We know that's nonsense. But if it helps them cope with Dublin's dominance then so be it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Better than seeing Cork win 9 in a row.

Fully agreed. I was sick to death of Cork winning every year and was cheering you on. Would love to see someone else win it now. Pity it can't be a mixture of winners instead of one team dominating followed by another doing the same.

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Fully agreed. I was sick to death of Cork winning every year and was cheering you on. Would love to see someone else win it now. Pity it can't be a mixture of winners instead of one team dominating followed by another doing the same.

Yeah it would be nice to see two competitive teams pity one dipped while the other went the other way. I can't remember which year it was but I remember roaring and cursing at the telly after Dublin ladies collapsed v the Cork ladies.
    The Dubs were miles ahead. Might even have happened a couple of times!

First thought was they were like the 00's Dubs men's team, flakey as hell.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yeah it would be nice to see two competitive teams pity one dipped while the other went the other way. I can't remember which year it was but I remember roaring and cursing at the telly after Dublin ladies collapsed v the Cork ladies.

Two years in a row, if my flakey memory is correct. I remember at the time thinking that they'd never make it, there was just something wrong in the minds of all Dublin teams.

They lost a big lead to Cork through sheer head staggers. Mad aimless kick outs which basically set up a siege. Remember another year on Canal end with daughter in 200s when they were beaten by a last ditch goal (Cora Staunton?) by Mayo.

Love watching them and they showed great heart yesterday, but get the impression that they coming back to a pack of very good teams including Armagh and a resurgent Cork and Sinead will be a massive loss in final. Equivalent to 4/5 points imho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭EICVD

They lost a big lead to Cork through sheer head staggers. Mad aimless kick outs which basically set up a siege. Remember another year on Canal end with daughter in 200s when they were beaten by a last ditch goal (Cora Staunton?) by Mayo.

Love watching them and they showed great heart yesterday, but get the impression that they coming back to a pack of very good teams including Armagh and a resurgent Cork and Sinead will be a massive loss in final. Equivalent to 4/5 points imho.

But we’ll be back on our home pitch of Croker, that alone adds the 4/5 points back.... ;-)

That Leinster championship thread has turned into another mess. You'd almost think McKenna has made clones of himself to post on every site discussing Dublin GAA.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Two years in a row, if my flakey memory is correct. I remember at the time thinking that they'd never make it, there was just something wrong in the minds of all Dublin teams.

2009 final was the only ladies final I was at. And we absolutely had a meltdown that day. After the men's QF earlier on in the year I basically figured I would never see us win an AI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Mc kenna indeed seems to pop up in different media outlets to drone on and on about the big bad dubs .It appears to be his mission in life to make everyone aware how unfair it is that the Dubs are winning .Mind you I love winning and I love the idea he and his buddies are fuming about us winning .

That Leinster championship thread has turned into another mess. You'd almost think McKenna has made clones of himself to post on every site discussing Dublin GAA.

Haha I gave up, even facts get ignored. Took them ages to concede partly Kildare / Meath's fault who went backwards. Plus there was another who tried claim Micko did not bring in imports because they lived and worked there. But I pointed out Karl got his job after he left Kerry to join his dad. They did not like that!:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Mod: The restriction on discussing the Dublin Dominance in this thread applies to everyone. If you want to discuss the topic, do so on that thread. Don't discuss it here.

Mod: The restriction on discussing the Dublin Dominance in this thread applies to everyone. If you want to discuss the topic, do so on that thread. Don't discuss it here.

I'm pretty sure the other thread was closed by the mods and the Leinster championship thread has devolved into the same rubbish.

What are people's plans for Christmas so?

Coddle Christmas Eve anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I'm pretty sure the other thread was closed by the mods and the Leinster championship thread has devolved into the same rubbish.

Are you referring to this one?
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057890333

Coddle Christmas Eve anyway.

What dram goes with coddle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭rrs

Bernard Flynn tweeting that Jack McCaffrey was back training with Dublin at the weekend.

Slattsy wrote: »
    What dram goes with coddle?

I reckon the mild peatiness of the Talisker 10 will complement the saltiness of the bacon.

rrs wrote: »
    Bernard Flynn tweeting that Jack McCaffrey was back training with Dublin at the weekend.

The AI thread will explode!

• Advertisement
Advertisement