Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerosene Boiler is dead

Options
  • 26-11-2020 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I have a kerosene boiler standard enough unit for a three bed semi-detached house,
    I think it's a Grant; the usual galvanized steel housing,

I turned on the heating last night understandibly,
    However nothing atall happened;
    I removed the back cover on the boiler and tried pressing the big red button for the burner and it did nothing,
    I also tried pressing the reset button on the thermostat which is inside the boiler unit and that too unfortunately did nothing,

I've checked the fuseboard and there's no switches tripped,
    Any advice please and thanks,

We have had to press the reset button on the thermostat a number of times in the past; the boiler is fourteen years old and was serviced two years ago by my dad but we haven't spoken in a while now well one phone call since last year; when he thought he was dieing of covid and I don't want phoning with a hand out sort of problem, he also lives 298km away from me.

Anything I could try and report back thanks.
    The system pressure is currently 0.9bar and cold

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Do you have a zone valve? Thermostat?

You need to establish if you have power at the boiler/ boiler thermostat.

Might be good to have a proper breakdown/ service. Most of those boilers a well worth looking after.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Advertisement