Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dripping Toilet

Options
  • 24-11-2020 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi Guys

Any ideas how I can fit the constant drip, drip, drip I get as shown in this video - https://streamable.com/cjcd7a-

Potentially added complication is that I can't seem to see any isolation valve as the toilet conceals all this

Thanks
    J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭djr15

in the video is the toilet supposed to be filling or is that the issue?.. i see the drip at the back of the valve but if this is only during filling it shouldnt be an issue....

if the issue is the toilet won't stop filing at all the black rubber that seals against the orifice (will be red or white) is probably worn.
    You can get replacements for these.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 40wattbulb

Thanks @djr15 it is happening all the time even when it is full

Can you share any instructions for how to replace that rubber seal? Do I need to drain the toilet for this? I can't see any isolation switch as it is all concealed at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭djr15

Step 1: Turn off water.
    This can be tricky if you don't know what you are doing.
    There should (may) be 2 valves in your hotpress, one to stop the hot water, one for cold.

The hot one would be on a pipe connected to the bottom of the cylinder. Do not stop this one.
    The cold would most likelt have no other connections on it, and go from floor to ceiling with just the valve.
    This is the one you will need to stop.
    Alternatively, you can turn off the mains, and drain the attic tank.

Step 2: In the cistern Quarter turn the white cap on top of the valve to reveal the washer. Replace it and turn on the water again.

See washer pic. this is what it will look like roughly.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 40wattbulb

Hey @drj15

Thanks for all the advice I got it fixed!!!!

Got the pieces in davies.ie and also found this really good guide
    https://helpfulcolin.com/repairing-toilet-silent-fill-valve/

Advertisement