14-11-2020, 13:25   #106
Fonelovin'dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by RasTa View Post
Too short!
Agreed but think it would have suffered if they stretched it out

Edit: Unless he met [spoiler] Ahsoka [spoiler] It's and that was were the episode ended
Advertisement
14-11-2020, 13:27   #107
Niner leprauchan

This would have been a great show in the 80s when people liked the a team and knight rider.

Now it's very vanilla and very safe. Not a single event is a surprise
20-11-2020, 09:58   #108
Vicxas

Slow burner of an episode. Like how they're building up to something big
Thanks from:
21-11-2020, 18:09   #109
Slydice

Yeah definitely something going on. Feels like they're keeping it subtle for now though
21-11-2020, 22:24   #110
robinph

Send a message via ICQ to robinph Send a message via AIM to robinph Send a message via MSN to robinph Send a message via Yahoo to robinph Send a message via Skype™ to robinph
Feels like they missed something out in the edit on this episode. All in a base, some new information about them using a child for something (seems like not baby yoda, a different child from the time line they are talking about) Mando goes running off in one direction, others go running off in a different one and fetch a vehicle. Meanwhile Mando has presumably used a transporter from Star Trek to fetch the child from school and his ship which was in for major repairs that were going to take days as of that morning is somehow repaired and good as new.

As for lizard guy, didn't get the reason for him tagging along for the mission at all. Does none of the rest of them know how to drive a speeder.

Have loved all the previous episodes, but think this ended up with half the story on the cutting room floor.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
21-11-2020, 23:03   #111
AMKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinph View Post
Feels like they missed something out in the edit on this episode. All in a base, some new information about them using a child for something (seems like not baby yoda, a different child from the time line they are talking about) Mando goes running off in one direction, others go running off in a different one and fetch a vehicle. Meanwhile Mando has presumably used a transporter from Star Trek to fetch the child from school and his ship which was in for major repairs that were going to take days as of that morning is somehow repaired and good as new.

As for lizard guy, didn't get the reason for him tagging along for the mission at all. Does none of the rest of them know how to drive a speeder.

Have loved all the previous episodes, but think this ended up with half the story on the cutting room floor.
I think the reason for lizard guy tagging was for comedy value kind of like C-3PO.
I knew they would end upper taking that land transport just knew it. I thought the spender getting crushed was cool. I think lizard guy must have owned it and would not or did not want anyone else to drive it . Ye mandarin must have hit super speed on his jet suit to get back get his super quick repaired ship back in the air get baby Yoda and to go help the other 3 in that time who seemed to be taking the long route back to there town.
It was not a perfect episode but I enjoyed it for what it was an easy half hours watch of entertainment.
Thanks from:
27-11-2020, 09:52   #112
touts

I don't know what was the bigger reveal today Spoiler: Grogu or "Tell me where your Master is! Tell me where to find Spoiler: Grand Admiral THRAWN!" Of course if you watched Rebels it makes perfect sense but I really hope it isn't just a link back to that and that there is real substance to it and he'll appear.

I'm really enjoying it but it's jumping around a lot. It feels like the Mandalorian is intersecting with a hell of a lot of other story lines and future shows. We've had what seems to be a setup for
- Boba Fett the Series
- Bo Katan the serie
- An Empire post rebellion series
- Asoka Tano the series.

Disney could be onto a right winner of they start producing even half the potential shoes. They could turn this into something bigger and more complex than the MCU
27-11-2020, 10:40   #113
Fonelovin'dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by touts View Post
I don't know what was the bigger reveal today Spoiler: Grogu or "Tell me where your Master is! Tell me where to find Spoiler: Grand Admiral THRAWN!" Of course if you watched Rebels it makes perfect sense but I really hope it isn't just a link back to that and that there is real substance to it and he'll appear.

I'm really enjoying it but it's jumping around a lot. It feels like the Mandalorian is intersecting with a hell of a lot of other story lines and future shows. We've had what seems to be a setup for
- Boba Fett the Series
- Bo Katan the serie
- An Empire post rebellion series
- Asoka Tano the series.

Disney could be onto a right winner of they start producing even half the potential shoes. They could turn this into something bigger and more complex than the MCU
It's getting to the stage now where I genuinely think the cameos are purely to set up spin off shows. There all one off encounters so far except Fett who is literally just tagged on to the end of an episode

Edit: I think there's potential for the show to suffer because of Star Wars need to link absolutely everything together
27-11-2020, 16:16   #114
PhiloCypher

Am I the only one who thinks they are setting up a possible appearance by Luke in season 3 . By seasons end Mando will have gotten Grogo to the planet Ashoka mentioned, Grogo will reach out through the force and we'll cut to Sebastian Stans Luke opening his eyes * cue credits*

It just felt like Ashokas " there aren't many Jedi left" was tailored to make us think of the only other Jedi we know is alive at this point. Granted they've left things vague enough that if its someother random jedi its not contradicting anything .
Advertisement
27-11-2020, 20:08   #115
AbusesToilets

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiloCypher View Post
Am I the only one who thinks they are setting up a possible appearance by Luke in season 3 . By seasons end Mando will have gotten Grogo to the planet Ashoka mentioned, Grogo will reach out through the force and we'll cut to Sebastian Stans Luke opening his eyes * cue credits*

It just felt like Ashokas " there aren't many Jedi left" was tailored to make us think of the only other Jedi we know is alive at this point. Granted they've left things vague enough that if its someother random jedi its not contradicting anything .
I feel like that would be saved for an Ashoka series, there's so much history. Couldn't do it justice in one episode.

Last edited by AbusesToilets; 27-11-2020 at 22:30.
27-11-2020, 20:11   #116
NIMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonelovin'dude View Post
It's getting to the stage now where I genuinely think the cameos are purely to set up spin off shows. There all one off encounters so far except Fett who is literally just tagged on to the end of an episode

Edit: I think there's potential for the show to suffer because of Star Wars need to link absolutely everything together
I must have missed that one!
When was Fett on the Mandalorian?
Thanks from:
27-11-2020, 20:47   #117
Fonelovin'dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIMAN View Post
I must have missed that one!
When was Fett on the Mandalorian?
The end of the first episode of season 2. It was literally one shot. A few different things I've read confirm it's him but I read it in the linked article below first

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/...phie-thatcher/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Boba-Fett-86153e4.jpg (16.3 KB, 38 views)
Thanks from:
28-11-2020, 02:59   #118
Slydice

Great episode! I totally guessed wrong about who Spoiler: Ashoka was looking for. When she kept saying master, I was full sure it was gonna be Maul! Thrawn makes way more sense following Rebels obviously though.
28-11-2020, 11:33   #119
Mr.Fantastic

Anyone notice the Kotor reference with the droids Hk-87 droids. Noone was called meatbag though unfortunately
30-11-2020, 10:00   #120
chrislad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
Anyone notice the Kotor reference with the droids Hk-87 droids. Noone was called meatbag though unfortunately
Newer models (KotOR was HK-47)

That said, 40 upgrades in 3000+ years seems unrealistic given we have a new iPhone every year
(5) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion