Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skins gone (was Old menu gone - how do you....)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

m.boards.ie still works...

Broken for me, homepage displays as normal but when you click on a link it opens the full vbulletin site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

I Keep on getting the "Our Terms of Use have changed. Please click here to review the updated Terms of Use. " but when I press the I agree it is doing nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

CSSE09 wrote: »
    Broken for me, homepage displays as normal but when you click on a link it opens the full vbulletin site.

Same for me. Have you killed m.boards.ie?

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

CSSE09 wrote: »
    gandalf wrote: »
    Same for me. Have you killed m.boards.ie?

Not intentional, we're looking at it here now.

SPDUB wrote: »
    I Keep on getting the "Our Terms of Use have changed. Please click here to review the updated Terms of Use. " but when I press the I agree it is doing nothing

That was supposed to have been fixed last week, I presume this is on the touch site?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

m.boards.ie on anything but the home url looks different now...very white

the first screenshot is how m.boards.ie looks on the homepage and the second is how it looks when you click into any forum or thread.

please back the nice calming blue and grey

the thanks button is also gone

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

the thanks button is also gone

There's no thanks in Helpdesk, that's normal behaviour.

Spear wrote: »
    There's no thanks in Helpdesk, that's normal behaviour.

ah ok.

and the rest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

"That was supposed to have been fixed last week, I presume this is on the touch site?"

Sorry for delay in responding but I've no idea what version I'm on

And quote does work for posts unless I do [quot] myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

I was using m.boards.ie on mobile but now it reverts to the desktop page.

m.boards.ie on anything but the home url looks different now...very white

the first screenshot is how m.boards.ie looks on the homepage and the second is how it looks when you click into any forum or thread.

please back the nice calming blue and grey
    this is still the case for me even after clearing cookies

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Not intentional, we're looking at it here now.

Thank fook. Best format to use the site on by miles.

Thank guys, we'll look at the m.boards issue this morning and see what's happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Thank guys, we'll look at the m.boards issue this morning and see what's happened.

Thanks Niamh.

I must admit I always find it kinda funny how you guys have to "see what happened" when you make changes and suffer unintended consequences.

It kind of gives me a mental image of boards.ie infrastructure being the Chinese Room thought experiment (or perhaps lots of Chinese rooms).

....... wrote: »
    Thanks Niamh.

I must admit I always find it kinda funny how you guys have to "see what happened" when you make changes and suffer unintended consequences.

It kind of gives me a mental image of boards.ie infrastructure being the Chinese Room thought experiment (or perhaps lots of Chinese rooms).

To be honest I think the lads would agree with this summation of vBulletin!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Used legacy skin with "dark or black" theme for years.

New skin set to dark at the moment.
    Text is just not clear enough. And i like black backgrounds so the light option for the new skin is no option.

And for that reason i have gone the "read all new posts" in 1 go more in the last month than in all those years before.
    Cant be arsed to strain my eyes.

Another thing that is annoying is that i cant have 2 browsers side by side, same size on my monitor as i used to be able to do with the old one.

From all the things you could have gotten rid off, the legacy site was the worst pick.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Any update on m.boards.ie?

M.boards working for me now

Spoke too soon. Worked for a minute there :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

oneilla wrote: »
    Spoke too soon. Worked for a minute there :(

Front pages are working fine but the forums aren't.

M.boards.ie should be back working for you all now. Thanks for your patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭djdunny

M.boards.ie should be back working for you all now. Thanks for your patience.

Yay. Things look back to normal. That was an anxious few hours :).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭sioda

Phew m. Is back site is awful on a phone otherwise

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Yay! M.boards

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

On iPad everything is white. Old menu at top gone. Hard to navigate as not used to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

So are the only 2 themes we have now are the default and the dark one? Any way to get the legacy layout back?

Vicxas wrote: »
    So are the only 2 themes we have now are the default and the dark one? Any way to get the legacy layout back?

We removed some of the old, lesser used ones but there are still two older forum skins available if you go to https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions, scroll to the bottom of the page and where it says 'Forum Skin' choose 'White' or 'Boards.ie Beta'. These are the older skins - they might be closer to what you are looking for/used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

The white will have to do. Will miss seeing Homer Simpson tho.

Tis very white

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

On m.boards.ie I seem to be getting a "page not found" response quite often when I click the menu item for subscribed forums - https://m.boards.ie/subbed.php

It does not happen all the time.

Advertisement