Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SNES Mini

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,532 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Smyths have these up for order today for delivery by 2pm tomorrow if anyone is still looking.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/retro-gaming/nintendo-classic-mini-super-nintendo-entertainment-system/p/161624

And they're gone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Not to worry. There's one up on adverts.ie for €600.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭smurf492

DinoRex wrote:
    Not to worry. There's one up on adverts.ie for €600.

And because he's a decent guy he only wants swops for immaculate old consoles and games!!! Clown

• Registered Users Posts: 4,223 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

...awaiting the StarFox 2 ROM to get dumped :)

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Alter Egotist

It was dumped last night as far as I know

• Advertisement

I see a CRC/reference to it but no luck yet finding...the search continues! ...and ends

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    I see a CRC/reference to it but no luck yet finding...the search continues! ...and ends

throw me a pm and ill send it to you if you want

throw me a pm and ill send it to you if you want

Thanks for the offer Alter but I'm sorted...now I'm looking for the EEPROM, programmer etc. that I will need to create a repro. Ah, another project! :)

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Thanks for the offer Alter but I'm sorted...now I'm looking for the EEPROM, programmer etc. that I will need to create a repro. Ah, another project! :)

let me know exactly what you need. ive a ball of stuff from way back. will hook you up if you need. out at the moment. will reply when i can

• Registered Users Posts: 34,517 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

My current desktop :eek:

starfox2.png
    upload image lossless

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,849 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    My current desktop :eek:

starfox2.png
    upload image lossless

ZSNES scrub!

Begone with your lack of cycle accurate emulation!

Thou hasn't been given the moniker of an emulation casual.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Have my one in GameStop paid for and all. Can't wait to get a few games over the weekend...

...sorry I mean scalp someone 2 weeks before Christmas for $$$$

Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    ZSNES scrub!

Begone with your lack of cycle accurate emulation!

Thou hasn't been given the moniker of an emulation casual.

Check the modified date on ZSnes in that screengrab, 2007 - that's the last time I installed a snes emulator :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,849 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Had a quick go on the SNES mini. It's a dinky little thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

sugarman wrote: »
    Smyths have loads of stock for click & collect now!

Was going to hold off given what Nintendo has said about replenishing stock but wasnt taking my chances this time after missing out on the NES.

Yeah loads up there. Each store has 15+ at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Just went ahead and ordered from Smyths and get my Dad to pick it up. Was going to try and get one in the States, but the US version looks damn ugly! I'll have to wait until Christmas when I'm home for the Euro version, but it looks much better! Worth the wait I think. Should be a fun Christmas :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,532 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Looks like the console is going to be as receptive to custom game libraries as it's predecessor, so that'll make them even more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Got my notice to collect from Smyths, roll on 5PM

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭phily2002

Got my notice to collect from Smyths, roll on 5PM
    Same, gonna be a long work day!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Scottish

You 2 are lucky - my order got cancelled!

Shambles, they said that their head office left the online ordering open when it should have been closed.

Why are these things so bloody difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 acrmorris

Same here Scottish. Ordered from Ennis Road Limerick at about 2 this morning with 15+ available and got cancellation email just before 9 this morning. Pretty frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just picked up mine. There was maybe 6 left in GameStop. Wouldn't say many of them came in.

It really is mini!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Still waiting for my preorder to be delivered...

I think my pre-order is okay. They sent me a very garbled email with no subject line that went straight to my spam box.

I pre-ordered back in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭smurf492

DinoRex wrote:
    I think my pre-order is okay. They sent me a very garbled email with no subject line that went straight to my spam box.

I got the same email so I'd say you're grand

Master of the Universe

Still waiting for my preorder to be delivered...

Same! Amazon says it's waiting to be dispatched... ordered it back when orders first went live (Think that was June?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

DinoRex wrote: »

I pre-ordered back in June.

got same but also a text last night at 11:30

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Damn should have ordered, those scalpers make me sick

Picked mine up over lunch with no problems.

Sheesh... those queues for FIFA 18 are insane, luckily I could skip it as they had a section of the sales counter just for click and collect.

• Advertisement

I was getting jeered by the FIFA crowd when I picked up mine last night :D

God I just don't get FIFA. I'm not a fan of sports games but any soccer game that attempts to be realistic is just awful. Stuff like NFL, NHL and basketball translate well but unless football is arcadey like with sensi or ISS deluxe (which I lament when it turned into pro evo) it just doesn't work as a game.

I should have preached to them the virtues of super metroid.

Advertisement