Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Octavia audio input issues

Options
  • 04-12-2018 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi guys,

My 2010 Skoda has an audio issue. Basically, I want to play my android phone through the car radio. My 2 options though have the following issues -
    • Bluetooth - only comes through drivers side. Doing some reading this is as it's supposed to be as it's only really for drivers calls. Can I upgrade to play through all speakers as normal without breaking the bank? Any suggestions where or can I do this myself even?
    • Aux input - located in the armrest between the front seats. Doesn't work. After some reading, I learned that it's not normally connected as standard and the lead should just be hanging there underneath. So I removed the casing around it and it wasn't connected, I connected it, but still nothing. Some stuff online leads me to believe that VCDS software needs to be connected and the aux enabled. That seems way too detailed for me.

Any idea for options that won't break the bank or something obvious above that I'm not doing?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Surely you can change what speakers are operating under bluetooth in the settings menu no ?

Where are you based ? If you are in Kildare i can enable aux in with VCDS for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭seanbrady49

Just spotted this, im in galway and have VCP and obdeleven, should be able to code in your aux for ya!

Advertisement