Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32X - Would you bother ?

Options
  • 08-02-2019 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭

Seeing as I've got my megadrive all cleaned up, done the PAL/NTSC switch and got my everdrive I was wondering if it's worth my while getting a 32X ?

I know I'd have to mod it also for PAL/NTSC but was wondering what people's thoughts on it are....

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's not totally worthless as a console considering it has a handful of worthwhile exclusives, unlike say the PlayStation 4 :cool:

you can get one pretty cheap and it's got some games worth playing. Chaotix for curiosity more than anything. It has the only conversion of star wars arcade and the best home version of virtua racing outside of the PS2 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's not totally worthless as a console considering it has a handful of worthwhile exclusives, unlike say the PlayStation 4 :cool:

you can get one pretty cheap and it's got some games worth playing. Chaotix for curiosity more than anything. It has the only conversion of star wars arcade and the best home version of virtua racing outside of the PS2 version.
    Yeah - I'd like to give Star Wars arcade a try alright. They seem VERY expensive on eBay - there's even an empty box with 11 bids on it currently at £46 !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Kolibri and Tempo look worthwhile as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The 32X has a simply brilliant version of Virtua Racing, taking the feel of the arcade game that was captured in the Megadrive version and coupled with enhanced visuals.
    Certainly, not as good looking as the Saturn or PS2 versions, but the game plays better than either, imho.

There is also the novelty of plugging in a cart to what seems a mildly upgraded Megadrive and playing Virtua Fighter...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I can't bring myself to leave the 32X on my Megadrive. It just completely ruins the aesthetic. So it stays hidden in my attic, stored away for a future time where I can break out one of my other Megadrives to have it ruin the look of that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement