Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

After you “fell in with the wrong crowd” would you say this fact to them

• 14-07-2019 2:25pm

I fell in with the wrong crowd in secondary school (1990)and again in third level (1999/2000)

I regret I never said that to them.

Have you said this to one if them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,834 ✭✭✭Allinall

xieann wrote: »
    I fell in with the wrong crowd in secondary school (1990)and again in third level (1999/2000)

If you keep falling in with the wrong crowd, you probably should have a word with yourself first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,942 ✭✭✭✭banie01

10yrs to go from 2nd level to 3rd?
    Like a 5yr cycle and a 4 year cycle?
    Clearly the crowds not the problem....

I thought falling in with the wrong crowd whilst participating in supervised learning was supposed to be difficult?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

Never said what to them op? That they were douchebags?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Say what to them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,168 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Whenever I hear that somebody "fell in with the wrong crowd", I always imagine that the parents of all of that crowd are all referring to everyone else as "the wrong crowd".

He fell in with the wrong crowd.
    Maybe he was the wrong crowd!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Fell into the wrong crowd, you know its the wrong crowd but chose to stay in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

What happened your free will during all of this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I fell in with the “In” crowd.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,942 ✭✭✭✭banie01

ToddyDoody wrote: »

Bigger boys made him do it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,457 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Wheety wrote: »
    Say what to them?

You all are not up to my standards.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

No, snitches get stitches.

If you learned nothing else in your 9 years of secondary school you should at least know that much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

So ... other people's fault then OP?
    How very Irish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

How did you know that it wasn't them who fell in with the wrong person?

Allinall wrote: »
    If you keep falling in with the wrong crowd, you probably should have a word with yourself first.

if there's a smell of **** everywhere you go,
    it's time to check your own shoes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I think its a sarcastic post ?

As in , did you know you were in the wrong crowd, when you were in the wrong crowd?
    Or was it when you were out of the wrong crowd, did you then realise that they were the wrong crowd.... ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,740 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

ToddyDoody wrote: »

With a different crowd

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Yeah I used to hang around with some little scumbags alright. We used to do dumb things like knock on people's door then run away (they were called nick-nacks round our way), try to sneak into pubs etc...

A few of the lads really wanted to rob a car one night but I wanted no part so I went home. They claimed the next day they robbed one and went joyriding around Dublin, they wanted to go and rob another one the next night and I told them there and then that if that's what you's wanna be doing then we shouldn't be friends because I have no interest in doing stuff like that. I actually got into a scrap with one of them over it but I left, for the next few weeks they tried to hassle me but I always stood up to them and they got bored and moved on.

Looking back now I'm very glad of the decision I made! 1 of them is now an unemployed father of 5 kids from 3 different women and he currently lives with his mother along with 2 of his kids. Another one is a permanent heroin addict and the other 2 are dead, 1 from a heroin overdose and the other died on the operating table after they amputated his leg due to him injecting needles in the same spot.

It's mad really because they had a near identical upbringing to me, the same area, the same schools and similar families.

There but for the grace of God go I.

Advertisement