Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touch site quoting

Options
  • 29-09-2014 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭

Why has the background colour been removed from quotes on the touch site. It makes it awkward to see where a quote ends and a reply starts, even with the indent, and especially on multi quotes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

smash wrote: »
    Why has the background colour been removed from quotes on the touch site. It makes it awkward to see where a quote ends and a reply starts, even with the indent, and especially on multi quotes.
    Any update on this? Hadn't come across this till I switched phones today. But of a pain trying to decipher where the quote ends and where the reply begins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Boards.ie: Chris

Are you both using Safari on iOS?

Still has a border showing for me on Android

1503464230.png

Yup using Safari

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

I'm seeing quotes as normal, Safari on latest version of iOS

just to add it had been fine on a 5s but since switching to the 6+ this has started.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Safari on the latest iOS, iPhone 6+

any chance something can be done about this..

Unfortunately we don't have an iOS device in house to test this on. I'll try to borrow one over the weekend and see if I can't get the same behaviour. It's frustrating that some of you are seeing it and other aren't. Could try clearing your cache or trying to browse the site in Private Browsing mode and see if that makes any difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Unfortunately we don't have an iOS device in house

Well that explains the state of the boards app then :D

Unfortunately we don't have an iOS device in house to test this on. I'll try to borrow one over the weekend and see if I can't get the same behaviour. It's frustrating that some of you are seeing it and other aren't. Could try clearing your cache or trying to browse the site in Private Browsing mode and see if that makes any difference?
    Still the same the issue seems to only be on the 6 and 6+

• Advertisement

any plans for this at all?

monthly bump on this....

Any plans at all to fix this??

have a 6 here and can see the quotes. So just down to the 6+ a response from hq would be nice weather this will be looked into or not.

Nope, we're pretty much focusing on the new design solely other than site breaking bugs I'm afraid.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement