Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Green book

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

God that was a great movie. Haven’t enjoyed a flick in that way in sometime. Loved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,814 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I think someone said it earlier but couldn't believe the real Tony Lip played Carmine in Soprano's what a crazy life he had ,

Great movie best iv seen in ages,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

woodchuck wrote: »
    Fair point.

But given how well off Dr Shirley seemed to be, I can't imagine he let Tony go short. Pure speculation on my part though!
    Apparently the real guy fired him and pretty much every other driver he had. But there's no film in that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Drumpot wrote: »
    God that was a great movie. Haven’t enjoyed a flick in that way in sometime. Loved it.

100% agree went in not knowing what to expect but I was thoroughly entertained.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭El Duda

Looks like I'm the first person in this thread that didn't really like it that much. The sort of film that would have been very progressive had it been released 15 years ago but now it seems antiquated.

Looking at the writing credits; three 60 year old white guys writing dialogue about how all black people eat fried chicken etc... seemed a bit off to me. The whole thing felt like white people patting themselves on the back for not being racist anymore. I can see why some critics see this as a misjudged, self congratulatory piece of crap. Although I personally wouldn't go that far.

Not awful by any means and the performances were very strong. But I just find myself thinking; "Really? This?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭Treppen

Good movie alright.
    Music was good too and it actually looked like he was playing the piano which is rare for actors (except for Clint Eastwood and Jeoff Goldblum).

Considering the amount of cack I watched through covid this was a welcome break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Relikk

Treppen wrote: »
    Music was good too and it actually looked like he was playing the piano

The superimposition of Mahershala Ali's head on to the original piano player was really ropey, though. Their body movements just weren't in sync at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭Treppen

Relikk wrote: »
    The superimposition of Mahershala Ali's head on to the original piano player was really ropey, though. Their body movements just weren't in sync at all.

So that's how they did it! I was too busy seeing if the hands were in sync

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,518 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Looks to be on RTE 1 tonight

• Advertisement
Advertisement