Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Santa Claus the movie

• 23-09-2010 9:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

Ok...here's a Christmas treat for you all.

First, some background.

I'm a big Superman fan...absolutely loved everything about the original Superman - The Movie. Santa Claus the movie, it turns out was written by the same people and same producers. No wonder I loved it!

As a child this film, to me, was Christmas. Especially the first hour of the film.

Later on I came to realise that what I loved about both films was the music and the symbolism.

I spent months trying to track down Santa Claus the movie on DVD and then I finally did. (and the next week it was free inside a weekend newspaper)

Anyway, I also tracked down the soundtrack which was never made available on CD...I contacted the record company and asked about the legality of sharing it on a forum like this...as it wasn't commercially available anymore...they really didn't seem to care. So...

I give you,

The Soundtrack to your Christmas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Grinches!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Dont worry id say in the run up to christmas the forum will get more traffic, but let me be the first to say thank you! I love this film too. My fav scene is when the orphan kid is eating the plate of food outside the door of the house and drinking the coke :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Ah me too! i remember seeing this when i was about 5 i think, thought it was the greatest ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Fantastic memory, thanks OP! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Thanx alot bud!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭gidget

I agree with you about this movie! Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without this being on. Every Christmas Eve I watch it and finally bought it last year. Something to hold on to for the future anyway if they ever stop showing it.

Did you always notice that it was always BBC1 that showed it too - it never appeared on an Irish station if memory serves.

All the new generation have the Tim Allen version but that one has nothing on this version. From the reindeer & how they flew, to the whole build up to how Santa prepares for Christmas Eve and also that brilliant loop the loop scene he did towards the end. They just don't make them like that anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

Thank you

Love this movie :D:D

Advertisement