Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Droppings up high in shed.

Options
  • 21-09-2020 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering are these rat droppings?
    This box was up here high in steal shed.
    Not sure when they were done as I haven't taking anything out from up there in about two years.
    Doors of shed are always closed except if I was doing a bit of work around the place I might have the rollor door open for a few hours.
    Would a rat go in and stay inside for however long?

IMG-20200921-121322.jpg

IMG-20200921-121334.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Yepp, looks like rat droppings alright.

Rats are good climbers, that insulation on the shed walls looks very climbable.
    Also, they don't need doors to be let open to get in. If a hole is big enough to stick your thumb in it, a rat will get trough (a mouse needs a whole the diameter of a pencil)
    In your pictures I can see light shining through several openings in the cladding near the roof and the gables ...I'd bet money on it that there are similar gaps where the cladding meets the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭blade1

peasant wrote: »
    Yepp, looks like rat droppings alright.

Rats are good climbers, that insulation on the shed walls looks very climbable.
    Also, they don't need doors to be let open to get in. If a hole is big enough to stick your thumb in it, a rat will get trough (a mouse needs a whole the diameter of a pencil)
    In your pictures I can see light shining through several openings in the cladding near the roof and the gables ...I'd bet money on it that there are similar gaps where the cladding meets the ground

There is a thick kind.of foam filler fitted on the bottom.
    Would a rat get through that?
    I'll check it all around tomorrow.
    Do you reckon the rat is going in and out regularly?
    I've removed everything from up there n9w.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I'd say that rat has been living there for quite a while.
    Nice quiet corner where it doesn't get disturbed, dry and warm-ish...what's not to like.
    There's a hole somewhere where it is going in and out. You'll probably find a spot where the foam is missing.

Advertisement