Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20/21 Transfer thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,882 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Marcal will play left centre back in the back 3.

Saiss is the one losing his place.

Will Marcal even start at all? He’s a 2 million signing who wasn’t a regular at Lyon. Squad depth maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

CSF wrote: »
    Will Marcal even start at all? He’s a 2 million signing who wasn’t a regular at Lyon. Squad depth maybe?

And in his 30s . He is backup

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

FHFC wrote: »

Brilliant :confused:

I had been thinking of leaving Vinagre out of my gw1 team with the new signing to see how they will line up, think this has convinced me.
    I wouldn't be running to start him in Gw 1 or 2 anyway (sheff utd. and more so man city).
    if he isn't a starter, he could be a transfer waiting to happen for gw3.

Less so the case with Justin at Leicester.

I want to be using my early transfers on big hitters in attack (Man United and City) and not on 4.5 defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,269 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Laporte and Mahrez have Covid

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Wilson is honestly starting to tempt me, depending on his price. Fraser looks set to sign too. With Fraser/ASM/Almiron as a supporting cast, you'd expect him to bag a few goals

Vinagre hasn't been mentioned on Sky's transfer centre feed. Could just be a case of some scouts throwing his name around because Wolves signed Marcal. Marcal looks like more of a squad player though, like mentioned, and Wolves are still pretty thin on wide defensive players, so I don't think we need to panic just yet.

manual_man wrote: »
    Vinagre hasn't been mentioned on Sky's transfer centre feed. Could just be a case of some scouts throwing his name around because Wolves signed Marcal. Marcal looks like more of a squad player though, like mentioned, and Wolves are still pretty thin on wide defensive players, so I don't think we need to panic just yet.

5 more days to suss out the truth of it

CSF wrote: »
    5 more days to suss out the truth of it
    hopefully Nuno clarifies the situation

• Advertisement

Wilson is honestly starting to tempt me, depending on his price. Fraser looks set to sign too. With Fraser/ASM/Almiron as a supporting cast, you'd expect him to bag a few goals

Had a look at him a few days ago bar his one great season he has been pretty poor throughout his career.

Had a look at him a few days ago bar his one great season he has been pretty poor throughout his career.
    Not denying he'd be a punt. But he's at that age now - 28 - where strikers often have their best seasons. Let's see what price he comes in at. 7m is my guess

Not denying he'd be a punt. But he's at that age now - 28 - where strikers often have their best seasons. Let's see what price he comes in at. 7m is my guess

O ya I was considering him myself no doubt was just kinda shocked when I saw how bad he was others seasons. So said I'd mention it.

Newcastle certainly look like they have a lot of pace now be interesting to see what Bruce can do with them

hopefully Nuno clarifies the situation

Not ideal for them to have a Monday game in that respect

• Registered Users Posts: 15,195 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Ampadu going on loan to Sheff United.

He is not in the game yet as far as I can see, so there is a chance to raise his price now, and also change his position. I think I remember him being a defender the last time around, but could play midfield for Sheffield United.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Fitz* wrote: »
    Ampadu going on loan to Sheff United.

He is not in the game yet as far as I can see, so there is a chance to raise his price now, and also change his position. I think I remember him being a defender the last time around, but could play midfield for Sheffield United.

Lundstrum 2.0 would be great.

A penny more than 6.5m and I’ll have zero interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,481 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Looks like Wolves are in for Alex Telles. 11 goals and 8 assists from left back last season though 8 were pens. Would be a top signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 SJIII

I think 6.5m is the sweet point with Wilson and would be somewhat tempting. Not sure how much stock you can put into it and even if he's fit to be thrown in but the fact it's West Ham 1st up would be a +. His record against them is pretty decent.

It's been a long time though since a Newcastle striker turned up any trees. I guess Perez a couple of years ago did alright but think he was a good bit cheaper.

Will be interesting to see how Newcastle do shape up next year as they have brought in some more depth albeit them coming off pretty shocking seasons

Looks like Wolves are in for Alex Telles. 11 goals and 8 assists from left back last season though 8 were pens. Would be a top signing.

Those 8 pens are ultimately gonna see him overpriced i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,195 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

He's meant to be a very good set piece taker, a real danger from them. I remember this from a podcast before one of the knockout ties against Liverpool, in which Porto went on to score from an Alex Telles corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

• Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

bang on 6.5m to tempt you

with the pace in the Newcastle team, and Fraser moving there as well - he may well be worth a punt - it's really him, Antonia and Mitrovic at that price bracket

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Any love for Hudson Odoi @ 6million

• Registered Users Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I just read Callum Robinson is having a medical with West Brom today, I think that could be a pretty significant transfer. It would make Robinson a viable option as a 5.5 striker, good for anyone not convinced with the 6 options and wants to save 0.5. He was there for a while last season so the manager obviously wants to use him and he could slot straight in.

Moving Robinson on could also allow SheffU step up their chase on Brewster who they are interested in. Sky saying up to six Premier League clubs have expressed an interest in Brewster on loan and Liverpool might now consider selling. If they (or anyone else) got Brewster before the deadline, that would be a huge deal for all FPL players.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,481 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Batshuayi going to Palace. 6m, could be an option when they fixtures turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Benteke 2.0 imo

Never seen anything from him to impress me, happy to be proved wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

If nothing else it's good to have another option at that price point for when we get burned by Mitro

Think it was just Adams and Mitro really unless you wanted to move up to DCL or someone

• Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Benteke 2.0 imo

Never seen anything from him to impress me, happy to be proved wrong though

Benteke and Wickham both injured, so he should start most games. I think he had a decent return for teams he played for except for Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Ollie Watkins close to joining Aston Villa. Another ~ 6m striker to add to the list.

Advertisement