Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WRC and other rallying

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭masit

Just watching WRC+. Is it me or does most of the drivers looked worried? Seen the Toyota's needing to be pushed to get going coming out of service on way to shakedown. Have a feeling there will be a lot retirements in this rally, hopefully only mechanical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I’d say they are. I think all manufacturers had at least one glitch on shakedown. Interesting weekend ahead.

Fingers crossed for Breen and M-Sport.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭afatbollix

And were off.

Mad they have gone back to the upright gear stick. Almost looks old fashioned now instead of the steering wheel levers.

Is it a cost saving?

Oiger on it. 9.3 up on Evans, 15.9 on Neuville

The Sebfastiens are showing their supreme talent again.

A big off for Fourmaux this morning. Crew OK apparently. My Fantasy WRC team takes a hit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭jelutong

Loeb leading after stage 5 .

3 stage wins from 3 today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

A good day for Breen but ROVANPERÄ taking 20 seconds out of him on SS13 will make tomorrow a tough day for Breen . Hopefully he can keep it between the ditches and bring it home for a podium.

• Advertisement

Ogier punctures on 2nd last stage. Loeb 9.5 seconds ahead going into the Power stage.

Nice podium for Breen was expecting him to do better than 8th on the power stage. Every point may be important at the end of the season.

I wouldn’t be surprised if that was partly strategic. Kalle will now open the road in Sweden rather than Craig. First on the road there can be tricky.

Craig is up against it with Kalle and Evans going to be the men to beat I think. This year's will be M Sports best chance to win a championship with new regs.

I wouldn’t rule out Tanak and Neuville.

He might struggle to keep up with them on the rallies he hasn't done in a while alright. Hopefully his consistency and clean driving will reward him though and he can really push on the fast rallies he knows and likes. Like @jelutong said Neuville and Tanak will always be fast. Will the i20 hold though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,251 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Tragedy in Killarney over the weekend.

Motorsport Ireland Statement Monday February 21st 2022, 11.00am

Motorsport Ireland is deeply saddened to confirm the death of a competitor, who succumbed to his injuries in Cork University hospital, following an incident while competing on stage four of yesterday's Killarney Forestry Rally. The remainder of the event was halted. Killarney and District Motor Club are liaising with the family of the competitor involved. 

Motorsport Ireland have begun a full investigation into this tragic incident. Motorsport Ireland and its affiliated clubs are recognised internationally for operating to the highest standards of motorsport safety for competitors and spectators in line with the best practice of the FIA.

The entire motorsport community extends its fullest sympathy to the family and friends of the bereaved. Motorsport Ireland also extends its sympathies to the members of Killarney and District Motor Club and everyone involved with organising yesterday’s event who reacted so quickly and professionally to the incident.

ENDS

May they rest in peace.

Disappointing Rally Sweden for Breen.

Craig Breen stopped on stage 4 of Rally Estonia. Clipped a rock or something and damaged the steering.

Evan’s leading by 10.5 seconds from Tanak at the end of stage 4.

• Advertisement

Kalle Rovanpera is champion and it’s so well deserved. He has been outstanding this year.

Paul Nagle has called time on his WRC career. Spain will be his last event.

Ah it will be sad to see Paul go. He is a great co-driver and will be hard to replace. He helped Craig after that very tragic time. Saying that maybe Craig could try to take advantage of the change in the other seat. A reset could help him, not that Paul was a hindrance.

Craig Breen leads Rally Sweden by 2.6 seconds from Tanak at the end of day one.

SS15 UMEA1 massive stage coming up for Breen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭Pudsey64

Team order's time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭markw7

Pretty crap for Breen but can't blame Hyundai.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭markw7

Doesn't matter after all!!!

Well done Craig brilliant drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Can't find a recent thread. I love the Craig Breen tribute with the tricolour on the nose and rear wing of the Hyundai rally cars. Currently live on TNT Sports.

Aaron Johnston doing well co-driving alongside Takamoto Katsuta in the Toyota.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,059 ✭✭✭Doge

Great save!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5_b_chCWlI/?igsh=MW5uNmt4NDYxaTk1ZA==

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,453 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

was at the rally museum in kangasala, finland brilliant spot,

sure the last time I saw mouton's Audi was at the rac in 84 or 85

in jyväskylä now, they are just starting to section off the service park. our apartment is overlooking it and the lake.

as they guy said it would cost a lot more next week

• Advertisement
Advertisement