Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Forum Closed  

16-12-2009, 13:13   #1
smashey
Administrator

Admin: GAA Mods, GAA, ZTest
Suggestions for adverts.ie

Hi all,

Following on from a couple of other threads, we are going to use this for any suggestions people may have with regards to adverts. We have set up a dedicated e-mail address and I will be checking it every day and compiling a list for discussion/action.

So please feel free to e-mail us at

suggestions@adverts.ie

We will look at every suggestion received no matter how trivial it might seem.
Advertisement
06-01-2010, 22:40   #2
rizzee

Can you PLEASE correspond boards.ie and adverts.ie in terms of signing in.

Example - if I sign in on adverts and have a pm, i click to check it and i've to sign into boards... very annoying signing in twice!!!

Also I don''t know if this feature is there or not I cant seem to find it, but how do you remove things in ''my watched items'' ?thanks
Thanks from:
19-01-2010, 12:24   #3

SOLD! for ?

Can you show the price of the item that has being sold on the main page, without having to click and enter the add?

Like:
SOLD!
€100.00

Cheers,

Digitize
(2) thanks from:
30-01-2010, 14:24   #4

Is there any chance of having your own 'saved sellers' list? I like doing business with sound guys that I've dealt with before and it would be handy to have a list of them, click there name and all there products appear in a menu.

Just a thought.
02-02-2010, 10:11   #5
Banned

Be able to remove ads from your watch list or My ads that have been sold or deleted
Advertisement
02-02-2010, 10:14   #6
Banned

Also show feedback status beside a seller's name
(2) thanks from:
02-02-2010, 17:51   #7
eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.
02-02-2010, 18:26   #8
muffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eVeNtInE View Post
This post has been deleted.
Think he's referring, in part, to binned (deleted) ads in which case this will help in the short term but its something that should be included as standard for A2
Thanks from:
09-02-2010, 13:44   #9
Slutmonkey57b

Remove SOLD items from the search list.

Put a "This guy is delusional" button in for guys attempting to sell, I don't know, 40 year old horse bones for 3 tons of gold. This could alert people to the fact that the poster is attempting to put one over on the uninformed (which is something that could ruin the reputation of the site) without people thread spoiling.

Or just create a "Delusional mac owners" section for people that think (for example) €100 is a valid price for a vga webcam because it's called "iSight", or the guy that's currently under the impression that his out of warrenty 2 year old macbook that's suffered water damage, can't be charged and needs at the minimum a new logic board, probably processor, battery and charger too is still worth €400. (Note to Mac Owners: just because somebody made a website called "mac2sell", doesn't mean their prices are gospel. What it's worth is: what someone's prepared to pay. Not some arbitrary figure culled off a barmy website.)
Advertisement
14-02-2010, 15:08   #10
jimmynokia

suggestions

would it be possible to remove sold items this is still an issue with people texting and calling?

to post up warnings for people that do get your number and give them say 3 chances to be barred from site as due to constant endless text messages and phone calls these can be monitored as they have profile set up

as been in the communication business and a mod on other sites this would be of great help

selling mobile phones there is an iemi data base i have access to to check if phones are legit or not as this is a big problem for some sites such as ebay for example with no comeback at least it can be prevented here

car sales

there is a new tactic from the uk of people emailing requesting sending agents i can post up names and email addresses to give some idea i went through with one transaction to confirm my suspicions
these guys send false travellers cheques to house and, you cash them some you may get cashed some not this will inturn cause countless trouble never give your address, and say your car is garaged in a warehouse for safety these guys will watch your house and wait until vacant and simply remove your car from property
03-03-2010, 10:41   #11
Dublin_Gunner

Auto 'subscribe' to threads.

Having to click on e-mail updates / add to watch list is a pain in the rear.

Surely if you've responded to an advert you are interested?

You always have the option to remove the updates if required.

Don't know how many times I've responded to an ad, only to miss out because I didnt get an update.
03-03-2010, 10:56   #12

I know it has been suggested on the "petition" thread about completely removing "sold" adverts from each section.

In my opinion it is both interesting and helpful to see how much interest there has been in certain items for sale and also how much they sold for.

So I would suggest keeping the sold items available for viewing on the site ssomewhere, but how about moving them to an entirely different category titled "sold items".

That way, people browsing the "for sale" categories do not have to sift through "sold" ads, but they are available as a point of reference for anybody interested.

Just a thought
Thanks from:
03-03-2010, 11:31   #13
Rebel021

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorimporter View Post
I know it has been suggested on the "petition" thread about completely removing "sold" adverts from each section.

In my opinion it is both interesting and helpful to see how much interest there has been in certain items for sale and also how much they sold for.

So I would suggest keeping the sold items available for viewing on the site ssomewhere, but how about moving them to an entirely different category titled "sold items".

That way, people browsing the "for sale" categories do not have to sift through "sold" ads, but they are available as a point of reference for anybody interested.

Just a thought
I was thinking the same thing.

I just got an email from adverts

Rebel021,

We felt that your ad, titled "Sharp VL-A110U Viewcam", was more appropriate
in a different category. To view it, and to find out where
we moved it (look in the upper left for the category name), visit
this link:

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=154418

This was sold over 5 months ago

Does a sold item really need to be recategorised.

Ridiculous
03-03-2010, 11:35   #14

Ah, thats probably due to the cliches in the system with all the changes that have been going on
03-03-2010, 11:51   #15
rizzla

A mobile version of the site?
Forum Closed