Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Departed pets;

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

jellybear wrote: »
    Our budgie Ivy passed away earlier today. She was nearly 13 so a wonderful age for a budgie. Here she is, the darker blue one, with her best pal, Ole, who died 3 years ago this week. I've posted this picture numerous times on different parts of Boards and it breaks my heart that today will be the last time I do.

Sleep tight our princess, we love you to the moon and back.

So sorry Jellybear. She certainly was a beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

So sorry for your loss jellybear.

After 13 years of sharing your lives together, I’m sure Ivy will be sorely missed.

Sleep tight with your old pal Ole.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Jelly i'm so sorry, a testament to your care for those two beauts that they lived great ages *hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Awh thanks so much all. My poor husband is heartbroken. They were his first pets. Really appreciate all your kind words.

Fakediamond, I think that's one of the hardest parts. 13 years of caring for her and now it's just over. Such a big chunk of time. We were so, so lucky to have both of them as long as we did and thank you so much Gremlinertia, they were absolutely spoilt rotten :D We literally just bought a 20kg bag of her favourite seed, even though we knew she didn't have long left, hoping Newbridge Farm might take it as a donation for their budgies.

Anywho we're off to watch crappy TV and binge on ice cream after such a tough day. Thanks again all. So lovely to have a place to share our feelings and know that others understand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭sdp

So Sorry Jellybear.
    heartbreaking for you all. she was a beauty! take care now. RIP Ivy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭flos1964

My best friend Bábóg the cat passed away today. He was run over on a road near our house. I had him in my life for the past two years. He came to me when I was going through the toughest time of my life. Bábóg kept me going when times were tough.

When I first met him, he had no collar on, so I thought he was just a stray cat, but I eventually found out he was owned by a neighbouring family. We pretty much shared custody of him. I let him sleep in my kitchen, and nap in the bedrooms upstairs. He loved his food, he loved to play and he loved being loved by my wife and I. He was very happy and loved by everybody in our part of the estate. I used to get so happy when I would see him in my rear view mirror, running after me, following my car into the drive when I would return home. He used to sit on my pillar at night waiting for me to spot him. He would come to the glass door in the kitchen, and stand upright like a meerkat to get my attention. He'd keep staring at me until I noticed him and let him in. I thought he was safe because we are not that near a main road, but he got out to it last night, probably being chased by another cat, I don't know. I have many regrets, but he wasn't technically my cat, and also he loved going outside, so I didn't feel I could imprison him in our house. It's bittersweet: what I loved about him was that he didn't seem like a pet, he was like a cool friend. I used to joke to my wife that he reminded of Kramer in Seinfeld, popping in to use our facilities and visit with us. He was a real little character smile.png

I was awoken this morning by my neighbour at 7am with the bad news. I'm already struggling with depression, and this feels like a hammer blow, but I will keep going, and I will honour his memory. I also have 4 ferals cats that I look after (I got them neutered/spayed, feed them and take them for vet visits when I can get them into the trap), and they will help get me through. We also told his owners what happened (they are a Syrian family with two daughters, that loved him very much), and they came to visit and see his body. They were very devastated too, and it was actually nice to share the grief and see how loved he was by others. A lot of tears have been shed in the neighbourhood for this cat today. I also feel that even nature feels his loss: the rain has been torrential all day, with strong winds.

I just miss the little guy so much. He was here this time last night, he wanted to go out, I said goodnight to him, and now he's gone. If he had been my pet, I would probably have turned him into a house cat only, but he was a free spirit and spread his love in many places. I was lucky to know him for the couple of years that I did. I'm completed devasted, but I am grateful for the joy, fun, laughter, friendship, and silliness that he brought to our life. He was a dear friend, and I hope he rests in peace. I'm not particularly religious but I hope that I will be reunited with him one day, in another life.

R.I.P. Babog (aka Tom). We will treasure our memories of you. Until we meet again buddy smile.png

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=517206&stc=1&d=1592688968

Heartbreaking and inspiring....thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Clearing out a press this morning and I found Andys hairbrush with hair still on it.

Felt sick for a good while after

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Our beloved dog Molly passed away yesterday aged 16. Absolutely devastated but it gives me comfort knowing that we gave her a life full of walkies, sunshine, sausages and belly rubs. She gave us a whole lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Little beauty. 16 years of love. Look after yourselves.

Sounds like Molly had a fabulous life. I found that a comfort too, that I gave as much as I could to a dog who enriched my life in so many ways. The loss is still devastating though, so you have my deepest sympathies.

RIP Molly, May you frolic in sunshine for all eternity.

• Advertisement

So Sorry for your loss, what a wonderful photo, and a great age she lived to, a testimony to your love and care.
    My heart goes out to you, be kind to yourselves, and take care.
    RIP Molly,

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

RIP Molly

• Registered Users Posts: 22,229 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

A little beauty :) may she rest in peace xxx

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,115 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Jolie went on the one way trip today. She had had enough really. She almost made 14 which is a great age for a pug, but she was blind, deaf and had arthritis and dementia. She had a big heart that didn't want to give up, but the rest of her just couldn't manage it.

She had become fearful of everyone and everything and it was time to let her be in peace. Great kindness shown to all involved by the staff in our local veterinary hospital.

Go on Jolie, go find Sam (Ratty) and wise old man Jack who have gone before you.

528080.jpg

Sorry for your loss. What a lovely little dog, with a big star name!

RIP Jolie, Have a good time with your old pals, x

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Sorry for your loss. We had a pug over 20 years ago. Cool little dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

RIP Jolie. Sorry to hear. :(

Bless, Jolie looks like she led a wonderful life, so tough to lose them.. Sleep well little one.

So sorry for your lost, run free little Jolie.

I lost my lovely boy Toby on this day last year. I still miss him and think of him often. I didn’t sleep well last night, couldn’t stop thinking about his last night, when he was going downhill fast and I was frozen with fear, knowing what I would have to do come morning. I do take comfort though from knowing that I did right by my best pal when it counted. He was only 7 years old and I thought we would have years more of fun and walks and friendship.

A favourite pic, I think it captures his gentle nature and his love for all his soft toys.

AE1B6946-78E8-4AED-85CB-7F27DD0109D2.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭Be right back

He ran out of his nine lives...

Ahh no, sorry Brb, always loved seeing pics of that lil cutie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭Be right back

Ahh no, sorry Brb, always loved seeing pics of that lil cutie.

Thanks, in one of his favourite places.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭wotausername

This little one passed away on friday night, only 7 years old :( rushed her to the vet but sadly had to be put down :(

Ah, So sorry for your loss be right back, and wotausername, RIP little ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

41-C1708-F-040-E-41-A4-8437-47-D73-DDFD37-A.png

Sorry for the size of the pic, I really like this one and don’t know how to edit it. This is Monty and me just a few weeks ago. In that picture I had just come back from cycling and Monty jumped on the couch and nearly climbed on my back like a parrot.

He was a very stoic dog (as our vet put it) , never complained , was exceptionally gentle (really popular with children Friends who came to our house, even ones scared of dogs) and regrettably he left us yesterday afternoon. He was also able to share a garden with rabbits at one stage which our vet says is unusual for springer collies, but he really was uniquely soft. Just under 13 years with the family, he’s been around for all our children’s lives. Our children offered up all their toys if it would bring him back for Christmas, it’s just really thrown us all.

I can’t lie, my wife and I are just heartbroken. I know it takes time but the house is so much quieter (We call him tap dancer cause he makes so much noise walking around the kitchen) and less fun (as One child put it). He really was at the centre of our family. Since we work from home we always saw him, he’d keep me company working. Asides from holidays he was with us as much, if not more then the children.

I know this isn’t important but my wife and I sat down to try and watch a movie to take our mind off it earlier. Tried to find a random comedy just to cheer us up. Picked one from 2003 cause Ryan Reynolds is in it and would you believe only after it started did we realise the main character was named Monty.

Anyways, rest in peace buddy, you are sorely missed.

What a beauty and what a great life you gave him. I'm so sorry the heartbreak is devastating, i hope you can all support and grieve together, rest easy Monty

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

What a beauty and what a great life you gave him. I'm so sorry the heartbreak is devastating, i hope you can all support and grieve together, rest easy Monty

Thanks Gremlinertia . My wife just text me this pic that I hadn’t seen of him.

270-DC848-3795-4961-BB6-C-5-D882-AB3587-A.jpg

No more pics, I promise. :(

Any amount of pics, no one here will object, again sorry

• Advertisement

A picture tells a thousand words and those pics tell of a shared love and of the happiness he brought you. What a handsome boy, with such a kind and soulful face.

How I wish they didn’t have to leave us so soon, leaving this huge hole in our hearts.

RIP Monty, you beautiful boy.

Advertisement