Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Visa Debit Card Thread

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

Hey all. I just received new debit contactless cards from Ulster bank in the post. I never required them, I suppose they are just keeping up with the times and replacing all cards.

One of my cards is a business card while there other personal. For some reason the new cards are the same colour and design, unlike the previous cards. With the old cards it was very handy having them different colors so you can easily see which card it is without having to take it out of your wallet.

First world problem I know, but do Ulster Bank have a card personalisation option like permanent tab do? Or do you think I can keep using the non contactless cards until it expires in 2020? (By which time they should cop on and make them a different color)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

jamesozzie wrote: »
    Hey all. I just received new debit contactless cards from Ulster bank in the post. I never required them, I suppose they are just keeping up with the times and replacing all cards.

One of my cards is a business card while there other personal. For some reason the new cards are the same colour and design, unlike the previous cards. With the old cards it was very handy having them different colors so you can easily see which card it is without having to take it out of your wallet.

First world problem I know, but do Ulster Bank have a card personalisation option like permanent tab do? Or do you think I can keep using the non contactless cards until it expires in 2020? (By which time they should cop on and make them a different color)

Sharpie permanent marker. Put B (business) on one & P (personal) on the other

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Is everyone getting the contactless cards?

I had to get a replacement card about 3 months ago and asked if it would be contactless and I was told that there were no plans to issue them, then the missus gets one in the post today without even requesting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Is everyone getting the contactless cards?

I had to get a replacement card about 3 months ago and asked if it would be contactless and I was told that there were no plans to issue them, then the missus gets one in the post today without even requesting one.

I was in a similar situation 3 months back, I didn't end up getting a new card but I did ask about it and they had pretty much dismissed it was going to happen anytime soon.

Any idea where we can register interest in this or just get a new card?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I was in a similar situation 3 months back, I didn't end up getting a new card but I did ask about it and they had pretty much dismissed it was going to happen anytime soon.

Any idea where we can register interest in this or just get a new card?
    Was just in the bank there and yer wan behind the counter said everyone will be getting contactless over the next while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Mrs C got hers last week, and I got mine today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

Mine arrived today.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

If you made purchases in store on your old card and need to make returns, be mindful your new card has a different number so you wont be able to use it to make the return. The return needs to be done using the card the purchase was made with as shops check the last 4 digits on the card match the receipt.

The expiry date on the old cards is being brought forward. As many shops have extended their returns policy for the Christmas period, it's possible your old card may have expired before you make the return.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

And touve to bring the new card into a branch to activate the contactless feature

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Stheno wrote:
    And touve to bring the new card into a branch to activate the contactless feature

No you don't!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

Received a contactless card in the post which I didn't request and don't have any interest in using the facility. Can I ignore it and continue using my existing card as I have been doing so far? It isn't near its expiration date and there is no information on changing over included in with the card. Planning to close that account in the near future as I don't use it enough to justify the €4 per month maintenance fee so can't really be bothered with this new card. Thanks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

They will more than likely stop your old card. This said, you do not have to use contactless, you can always insert it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Bump: Yeah I know its six years later, but PayPal is still doing this same sh1t with Ulsterbank Debit, I going to have to go into the Ulsterbank in Galway tomorrow and find out why the card is being declined.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement