Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAP 2 question

Options
  • 16-03-2019 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

I notice there doesn't appear to be any dedicated CAP 2 thread on here.

I'm currently sitting the CAP2 exams.

The topics for the Audit interim assessment have come out recently

The shortlist of Financial Statements areas for the CAP2 Audit and Assurance Interim Assessment taking place on Saturday 6 April are as follows:

1. Inventories
    2. Property, plant and equipment
    3. Trade and other payables
    4. Revenue

Does this mean that Ethics and other topics aren't coming up at all, or can Ethics come up on any interim exam?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alan_007_

I notice there doesn't appear to be any dedicated CAP 2 thread on here.

I'm currently sitting the CAP2 exams.

The topics for the Audit interim assessment have come out recently

The shortlist of Financial Statements areas for the CAP2 Audit and Assurance Interim Assessment taking place on Saturday 6 April are as follows:

1. Inventories
    2. Property, plant and equipment
    3. Trade and other payables
    4. Revenue

Does this mean that Ethics and other topics aren't coming up at all, or can Ethics come up on any interim exam?

Ethics can (and likely will) still come up.

Those areas are just the specific elements of the financial statements that can come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭boring accountant

Alan_007_ wrote: »
    Ethics can (and likely will) still come up.

Those areas are just the specific elements of the financial statements that can come up.

Great, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Worries

Great, thanks!

Does anyone know if the exam prep days are worth going to?
    I live 4 hours away from Galway which is where I’m enrolled and I’m just wondering is it worth it to go to them all?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

I had a similar trip time to Dublin so I skipped as many classes as I could.

It depends on yourself. If you understand the fundamentals and have the discipline to sit and go through material and past papers then I'd argue you'd be better off using that 7-8 hours studying than travelling.

Has anyone else just sat the CAP2 exams and feel they went as disastrous as I think they did? So disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 firminjo

yep! disaster, hard to know how hard they mark it thats the only hope I suppose

firminjo wrote: »

Yeah I’m actually devastated.
    What did you think of them all so far?
    I came out of every single one & added up potential marks I may of got and don’t think I’ll have passed.

firminjo wrote: »

Yeah I’m actually devastated.
    What did you think of them all so far?
    I came out of every single one & added up potential marks I may of got and don’t think I’ll have passed.

Advertisement