Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PUBG on Xbox [preview program]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

is there any sort of ranking in it, i mean, will the better players move up ranks and play against each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

How playable is it on the original Xbox one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,159 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I, and many others had a nightmare buying off cdkeys. The order failed but they took payment anyway, and ignored my emails/tweets about it for 2 days. It was only when I started a paypal dispute that they even responded, they did refund in full though. There were a lot of people in the same position.

I've bought plenty off them in the past but would be wary of doing so again, I just bought it off the store in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

I hope they finish it as well, I really do, I'm just not prepared to pay 30e for a game that's not finished.

In a few months if its not dead on consoles by then and a lot of updates have hit then I might consider buying it but until then I think ill stick to fortnite.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,397 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

IvoryTower wrote: »
    is there any sort of ranking in it, i mean, will the better players move up ranks and play against each other.

There are leaderboards, not sure if matchmaking pays much attention to them though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

look for me near the bottom of any leader board LOL. played a few games yesterday and I am getting wiped out pretty fast mainly when I am looking for weapons. Did actually drive a dacia that was actually slower than walking and when I got out got nailed by a jeep driving at high speed. Looking forward to getting to grips with this game as it will be a blast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

pmce4 wrote: »
    look for me near the bottom of any leader board LOL. played a few games yesterday and I am getting wiped out pretty fast mainly when I am looking for weapons. Did actually drive a dacia that was actually slower than walking and when I got out got nailed by a jeep driving at high speed. Looking forward to getting to grips with this game as it will be a blast

As someone who once had a loan of a dacia from a garage, that sounds pretty accurate:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

pmce4 wrote: »

That was happening to me the first night, if you're using the elite controller make sure to turn off the trigger thing on the back otherwise you go really slow. Also hold LB to get a speed boost

That was happening to me the first night, if you're using the elite controller make sure to turn off the trigger thing on the back otherwise you go really slow. Also hold LB to get a speed boost

just on the elite controller - if you go into the controller app, you can adjust the triggers so that a half pull gives you the full range of travel. that allow you to leave the stops in place for that nice fast action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

just on the elite controller - if you go into the controller app, you can adjust the triggers so that a half pull gives you the full range of travel. that allow you to leave the stops in place for that nice fast action.

cheers didn't know that, although I don't think speed is what I'm lacking in this game :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

I actually was using the elite too lol. we live and learn thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Is duo and team not where you have a premade team and load in together?

If you’re not in a duo/squad the game will team you up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I can't help but thoroughly enjoy this every time i play. I was killed by a dude with a crowbar earlier after us both emptying our clips fruitlessly and i laughed at the bonkersness of it all. All the fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Toobz wrote: »
    How playable is it on the original Xbox one?
    Are you a masochist? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Its fine on the one s,i assume that's not much different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So apparently turning off the Xbox's DVR/Game Capture really helps with the frame-rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

We can also post the wonderful PC PUBG issues here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

We can also post the wonderful PC PUBG issues here.

Please, stop. The thread in the General Gaming forum is the place for that kind of willy waving ****e. The game is in bits all over the place, not just Xbox, it'll get better, but it's never going to win any awards for graphics, performance or stability.

Let's keep it to the Xbox version here, otherwise this thread is a bit redundant.

• Advertisement

Starting to feel comfortable killing now. Killed 4 lads i bumped into last before killing myself on a motorbike. Getting the hang of switching to look through a scope makes big difference.

I played it ALL day yesterday.

From like 2pm until 1.30am.

What a time i picked to take a few days off work.

In a selfish way i kind of prefer playing alone as i do better in that game.
    There's a lot of sacrifice involved playing duo/squad if you try to be a good squad mate ie reviving riskly when it's not really on or giving up if your squad mate dies immediately and not wanting them to wait long periods.

I reckon I'll win a game solo before i win one in a team as I've got to the final 10 in a small circle 2/3 times alone from about 10 games.

4 kills in a round is my best round so far.

The key to combat is to withdraw if they know where you are.
    You'll lose gunfights where they have the advantage or its a shoot out.
    Most of your kills will come from hitting ppl who don't even know where you are so pick your fights and back away when the kill isn't on.

Another good tip is to close doors when looting especially if you know someone is close.
    They'll stroll in when the doors are closed and you can camp waiting for them.
    Prone walking is another essential when there's the chance of hostiles.
    Most people are just walking around and giving their positions away.

I heard a noise so hunkered down behind a tree, was laughing to myself at the other lads lack of awareness.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Stone%20xb/video/40942235

then I watched the video again......... check the roof of the house to my right......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

I heard a noise so hunkered down behind a tree, was laughing to myself at the other lads lack of awareness.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Stone%20xb/video/40942235

then I watched the video again......... check the roof of the house to my right......

god damn web filter violation. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Had my first few games last night and had a blast. Aiming is hard as hell and I was in panic mode in my first battle. Next game got sniped reviving a team mate when we were in the last twenty, next game one of my group was getting shot so he jumped in a jeep and proceeded to drive over two of his team mates including me.

Crazy fun but hard as hell.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Please, stop. The thread in the General Gaming forum is the place for that kind of willy waving ****e. The game is in bits all over the place, not just Xbox, it'll get better, but it's never going to win any awards for graphics, performance or stability.

Let's keep it to the Xbox version here, otherwise this thread is a bit redundant.

That's exactly my point. The game is a work in progress on both platforms so posting a video about glitches and issues at Xbox while you big up the PC version is just being a dick.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

That's exactly my point. The game is a work in progress on both platforms so posting a video about glitches and issues at Xbox while you big up the PC version is just being a dick.

I totally get what you're saying, but I can't stop people coming in here and posting about how great they think the PC version is. I'm just hoping that when people do, the regulars here and the people genuinely interested in the Xbox version ignore it, because replying to this kind of thing isn't going change anyones opinion, and it sucks up all the oxygen for actual discussion of the Xbox version.

There's pages of posts here already, and it's not because people need to defend the Xbox version, but because people are interested in playing this game on the Xbox. Taking a quick look at the PUBG thread on the general games forum and it's a total mess, with loads of posters attacking and defending the Xbox version. I'd prefer to avoid that here.

I think what surprises the pc users ,,myself included is how low the fps is.
    However I wasn't aware that the xbox build just released is actually a few months old port from the pc which explains why its so bad.

CatInABox wrote: »
    I totally get what you're saying, but I can't stop people coming in here and posting about how great they think the PC version is. I'm just hoping that when people do, the regulars here and the people genuinely interested in the Xbox version ignore it, because replying to this kind of thing isn't going change anyones opinion, and it sucks up all the oxygen for actual discussion of the Xbox version.

There's pages of posts here already, and it's not because people need to defend the Xbox version, but because people are interested in playing this game on the Xbox. Taking a quick look at the PUBG thread on the general games forum and it's a total mess, with loads of posters attacking and defending the Xbox version. I'd prefer to avoid that here.

I think you are coming at this the wrong way.

It wasn't a user posting how good the PC version is. It was a PC elitist who posted a video of cherry picked Xbox issues with the game. I responded with a video that highlights the PC issues to provide balance. I don't know why I am being called out for simply showing balance. I have introduced a few Xbox friends to PUBG who were almost put off playing the game because of videos like the one posted and now they love it.

I have no issue with people posting how good it is on the PC. I play the game on a gaming PC and Xbox so I've been quick to knock this Xbox negativity on the head.

I think you are coming at this the wrong way.

It wasn't a user posting how good the PC version is. It was a PC elitist who posted a video of cherry picked Xbox issues with the game. I responded with a video that highlights the PC issues to provide balance. I don't know why I am being called out for simply showing balance. I have introduced a few Xbox friends to PUBG who were almost put off playing the game because of videos like the one posted and now they love it.

I have no issue with people posting how good it is on the PC. I play the game on a gaming PC and Xbox so I've been quick to knock this Xbox negativity on the head.

Ah, I didn't mean to single anyone out, sorry! It was more meant in a general sense, I just don't that anyone should respond to obvious ****e like that.

One million players in 48 hours, I think it's safe to safe that the PUBG phenomenon is continuing on console as well.

Microsoft clearly know they're onto a winner as well, every Xbox One X will come with a copy until the 31st apparently.

EDIT: Starting the 17th, see here.

• Advertisement

I tried a game with the game DVR off and on and couldn't really notice a difference.

Anyone else try it yet?

I tried a game with the game DVR off and on and couldn't really notice a difference.

Anyone else try it yet?

Same as that.

It still lags and crashes.

Might be a placebo/perceived improvement.

Same as that.

It still lags and crashes.

Might be a placebo/perceived improvement.

It could be. I'd like if someone Digital Foundry tested it without the DVR.

I'd rather leave the game DVR on. There is a lot of hilarious moments/mishaps that are too good not to record.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

There is a lot of hilarious moments/mishaps that are too good not to record.

I've just been leaving mine streaming while I play. So far its a nice record of how utterly abysmal I am at the game.

So they allow you to adjust the brightness of red dots holographics and 2x scope. When in ADS Hold rb then push up or down on the left analog stick to change the brightness. Wish more games would allow you to do this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBGXboxOne/comments/7jzvhg/making_your_red_dot_brighter/?st=jb8ayauw&sh=b53e1979

*Edit doesn't carry over. Its a per game preferential setting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Ok guys, some help please!
    I had a rifle and found a scope attachment so i put it on but I couldnt figure out how to use the scope, I know how to go into 1st but can someone please tell me how to use the scope or is it just there for show?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Tap the left trigger.

It could be. I'd like if someone Digital Foundry tested it without the DVR.

I'd rather leave the game DVR on. There is a lot of hilarious moments/mishaps that are too good not to record.
    I forgot to say I am playing on the X. Many people on the Reddit thread pointed to it helping the OG Xbox One and Xbox One S.

I'll try it on my OG Xbox One at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Right, I couldn't resist and bought it for the OG Xbox.

It's actually running fine for anyone who fears what's wrote on over the net. Has it been patched already or am i just lucky?

Toobz wrote: »
    Right, I couldn't resist and bought it for the OG Xbox.

It's actually running fine for anyone who fears what's wrote on over the net. Has it been patched already or am i just lucky?

No patch, you're just lucky enough to have tried if for yourself and have found its actually very playable! See you the battleground!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

Anyone experiencing random kicks from the game, but being able to join up again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

SSr0 wrote: »
    Anyone experiencing random kicks from the game, but being able to join up again?

Happened twice to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

It's been happening all night to everyone in the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

Happened twice to me

It's happened me about 10 times already. Fairly disheartening when you have looted a nice bit of kit and a car, only then for it to kick you back to the home menu.

Not last night but it happened a lot on the first night. What's hilarious is if you disconnect while running your body carries on running until you reconnect lol.

I'm more interested in substance than style so the whole discussion on FPS etc doesn't bother me.

What is annoying is the kicks.

When you're fighting against the clock they can be too costly.

In a solo yesterday i had to get across the bridge.
    I got kicked and got myself back in, I l had to take some damage from the circle at the edge of the bridge and just as i got back in crossing over i was one shooted off the motorbike.

Had i not being kicked, I'm not straggling over the bridge and he's likely not there.

It seems you're more likely to get kicked in a vehicle. It primarly happens in that regard.

I had two squad wins yesterday.

The first was bitter sweet as i was 3rd last to die but the other we both survived.

We were on the bridge and luckily it closed in on us, we picked off two out in the open underneath and were down to 3. We were starting to think the last guy was out of view under the bridge when my squad mate spotted him crouched by a boat... chucked my two frags down and BOOM.

I also cleaned a squad of 3 out hiding in a cabin in a fairly small circle. Spotted one as we drove around it so i jumped out and lobbed a frag in. The spread is lethal from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 krennic77

I think I love this game. I'm not especially good at it and sure it's clunky as hell at times but the randomness and tension/teamwork of squads is great.

krennic77 wrote: »
    I think I love this game. I'm not especially good at it and sure it's clunky as hell at times but the randomness and tension/teamwork of squads is great.

and now you get the appeal of it :)
    Every game is different as you say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Went solo last night twice got 16 the first game and similar the second. The circle seemed to get really small really quick with like 40+ people left. Seemed much quicker than in squads. I think I much prefer solo tbh.

I think getting a car early is more important than getting a gun.

• Advertisement

I got four kills last night, but two were just putting people out of their misery, they'd obviously been kicked from the server. One guy had been kicked in the middle of a huge open space. Thought that it was a scarecrow at first, was just running past before I realised it was an actual player.

The other kills were better, a quick panicky snap shot into someones face, and the other was a comical close range miss-fest. I unload three different guns at this guy, missed with every shot, while he did exactly the same. I don't think there was a surface in that room that didn't get shot. In the end, I realised that he'd lost me, so had time to aim, reload my shotgun, and blast him.

A very good, clunky game. Looking forward to performance improvements, hopefully.

Advertisement