Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazing storm front in Finland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Thats brilliant man, Deep Easterly would be weeping tears of joys:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Su Campu wrote: »
    Just look at the people scarper as they realise what's on the way!

Look at the speed of it, nature at its most awesome.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fd3_1281372097

when was that???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Deep Easterly sounds like myself, the more extreme the weather the better. Especially lightning. I love lightning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Joe Public

This video is off the same page, probably not near Finland but it's fairly good. It shows the effects of a bad rain storm on a cruise ship. Keep looking at the video to the end as it gets very rough.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=aff_1227212607

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

when was that???

Sunday. I first heard about it through a Facebook status update from Scott Ian(guitarist with the band Anthrax) who was playing in Finland at the Sonisphere festival. The 2nd stage was wrecked completely and a number of bands had their equipment destroyed by the storm!

http://fi.sonispherefestival.net/freak-thunderstorm-hits-sonisphere-finland/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Wow, that looks like something from a movie! :eek:

It rolls in like the sandstorms we used to get in the ME.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

"HELLO DARKNESS MY OLD FRIEND"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wow, typical modern human reaction though, not "run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" but "hey look at that I'll take some shots of it".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

some people have all the luck ;)
    (only joking),amazing how quick it approches,the power of mother nature :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Amazing video! Reminded me of....

Alien%20Ship-thumb-500x375.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Bray seafront looks really well in that video!

Oh wait... Finland? Oh right :o

Seriously though that looks amazing , I think the speed of it is the most amazing. Maybe we will get one after the August heatwave? Or has the GFS quashed that?

Finland must be one of the best countries around for weather lovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

wow :eek:
    incredible approach :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I had never seen anything like that in my life until 2 years ago just outside La Paz in Bolivia. Could see darkness approaching from the distance and thought that it would be at least an hour or so away. It arrived in like 10 minutes or less in the same manner as that one in Finland. Just one big wall coming at us like a pyroclastic flow. Lots of lightning and huge hail accompanied it. One of the times i most regret having my camera with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

See the seaguls, they were gone in a flash when they seen:eek: it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

It seems to me that Finland would be one place that has the perfect climate - nice cold snowy winters, warm sunny summers, with just enough severe thunderstorms to whet the appetite.

Now if I could just get to terms with that crazy language then I'd move there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

A link to the Finish news site with the Video and great Photo's

http://www.hs.fi/kaupunki/artikkeli/1135259190283

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Hollywood 'computer generators' eat your heart out.

Advertisement