Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what country or area has the safest weather or weather with the least extremes?

Options
  • 02-08-2010 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭

what country or area has the safest weather or weather with the least extremes(as in heatwaves,floods etc)?

what country has the most livable conditions?

I've always thought people complain far too much about irish weather considering how bad weather can get in other countries.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

I would say that Ireland would be up there, our extremes are much less extreme than most places . ..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭pauldry

New Zealand.

You never hear anything from there except sheep and rugby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'd say Ireland must be near the top, while we have lots of weather none of it is too mad bar the odd moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

South Africa never seems to get major extremes although my knowledge is probably sketchy to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭John mac

pauldry wrote: »
    New Zealand.

You never hear anything from there except sheep and rugby

yea but what about the Volcanos ?

they do get nice weather in the summer though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭kindredspirit

Aruba has no weather forecasts on the TV because the weather is exactly the same each day 365 days a year. No-one says, "Nice day today" or anything like that; they'd think you were mad if you commented on the weather.

Temperature varies between 80°F to 82°F and there is a constant NE 20 mph wind. It usually rains for a short period about 4-o-clock and dries almost immediately. The sky is always 100% blue in the morning every day of the year.

People from other countries who are working there say the Aruban weather is boring!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

South Africa never seems to get major extremes although my knowledge is probably sketchy to say the least.

They get severe thunderstorms there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

djhaxman wrote: »
    They get severe thunderstorms there.

Yes but they would be counted as weather extremes. I thought we were speaking more huge temperature changes in seasons, volcanos, earthquakes, flooding etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Yes but they would be counted as weather extremes. I thought we were speaking more huge temperature changes in seasons, volcanos, earthquakes, flooding etc.

True but my point was that we don't even get bad thunderstorms in Ireland so their weather is more extreme than ours. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Speak Now

mike65 wrote: »
    I'd say Ireland must be near the top, while we have lots of weather none of it is too mad bar the odd moment.

Have you heard of Coleraine :pac:

djhaxman wrote: »
    True but my point was that we don't even get bad thunderstorms in Ireland so their weather is more extreme than ours. :D

Yeah but on the other hand they don't get entire months of low cloud cover* at a time. So we win.

*Probably no basis in meteorological fact. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Yeah but on the other hand they don't get entire months of low cloud cover* at a time. So we win.

*Probably no basis in meteorological fact. :D

Low cloud cover is hardly extreme or unsafe, though.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭kindredspirit

Very, very unusual for a hurricane to touch Aruba.

Omar had an unusual (I think?) path, forming off the coast of Venezuela and then going directly north-east. See here. http://www.mahalo.com/hurricane-omar-projected-path

That pic is of a Divi Divi tree. Very easy to break branches off that.

Mobhi1 wrote: »

No it isn't extreme except thatwe seem to get it for a month at time. I was being facetious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Mobhi1 wrote: »

But it does have a very unsafe effect on your mental health.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    But it does have a very unsafe effect on your mental health.;)

True.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

The westerly canary islands are great. La Gomera for instance while still having seasons has a nice range

http://www.vista-lanzarote.com/la-gomera/weather_temperatures.html

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Advertisement