Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simone O’Broin: If i say boycott.... done.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

gctest50 wrote: »
    ?

She put acid on her own nose until there was a hole in it and claimed it had cured the skin cancer there

For trying to help popularise that particular treatment, i hope she died screaming

Seems a bit unhinged to wish someone with obvious issues died screaming.

There are many people online today with incorrect opinions (from a scientific perspective) and it's up to individuals to know when it's bull**** . Or the soon to be implemented online censors to sort :p .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Calhoun wrote: »
    Seems a bit unhinged to wish someone with obvious issues died screaming.

He doesn't really mean it. It's just silly internet hyperbole but unless you know the internet then you're not going to know that, and the same applies to death threats or threats of violence.

Hammer89 wrote: »
    He doesn't really mean it. It's just silly internet hyperbole but unless you know the internet then you're not going to know that, and the same applies to death threats or threats of violence.

I understand it very well the problem is that legislators don't know the difference.

Put this into perspective of a world where people go out of there way to dox you and put home addresses online it can be portrayed in a very bad way.

inforfun wrote: »

The Irish version will come along at some stage , look at the likes of the BAI wanted to monitor Facebook ECT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Calhoun wrote: »
    I understand it very well the problem is that legislators don't know the difference.

Put this into perspective of a world where people go out of there way to dox you and put home addresses online it can be portrayed in a very bad way.

I know you know it. The question is was the woman experienced enough to recognise online abuse as run-of-the-mill internet hyperbole and the answer, I believe, is no.

• Advertisement

Hammer89 wrote: »
    I know you know it. The question is was the woman experienced enough to recognise online abuse as run-of-the-mill internet hyperbole and the answer, I believe, is no.

I think personally we as society today lend way much credibility to online and the importance of it in our lives. People who grew up with it from the beginning are way more shielded than young people of today.

Look at the new forms of bullying that goes on with it ECT.

you can be deeply disturbed and also a total cnut. drawing parallels between her behaviour and the consequences vs blameless individuals being targetted for actual real world harassment or violence is very slippery stuff.

and while id say her shame at her very public disgrace was a factor in her death, to hang any particular agenda on the suicide of someone so obviously disturbed is shaky ground imo. its very fair to say the main causes of her death were her own actions throughout

at what stage and through what mechanisms do you step in to prevent those actions rather than expecting the world to accommodate her hateful behaviour? should she have been allowed on the internet? access to acid? alcohol? plane travel?

7 billion ppl in the world, lots of them make it worse not better, the extent to which we should mourn them or wring our hands over each one and what 'we' could have done is a personal decision but lets not minimise her behaviours in order to castigate modern society here, thats lazy bandwagoning imo

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I don’t even know who chabad is or are.

Orthodox Jewish Hasidic movement. The Dublin rabbi Zalman Lent is a Chabad Rabbi.

The Poway shooting was at a chabad synagogue.

She made that post after it happened. I doubt she actually knew what chabad were until after it got into the news.

Started in Russia spread out to the US and Europe.

?

She put acid on her own nose until there was a hole in it and claimed it had cured the skin cancer there

For trying to help popularise that particular treatment, i hope she died screaming

What? Is this real?

I don't feel sorry for her. I don't feel sorry for her family or friends. I just don't feel for her. It's fake empathy imo. I've no problems if someone does feel empathy for her, I just can't understand why. It's not a 'feeling for other humans' thing, I reckon it's more 'look how empathetic I am', but again, all just my personal opinion.

That's ok that is just your reaction. We are all different.

• Advertisement

Did she really put acid on her nose ? I can't find that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

"Black Salve" she put on it,

this craic :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3617857/amp/Woman-half-nose-cut-herbal-remedy-used-skin-cancer-ROTTED-face.html

known at the time of her first coming to prominence, yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Used to be here :

https://simoneobroin.com/author/simoneobroin/

probably hoping it'd help fund her scumbag activities

I just feel sorry for her now.

She was obviously really mentally ill and detached from reality.

Saw one of those American cosmetic surgery programs when this stuff goes wrong :( it aint pretty.

It does show though someones mental capability if they believe in stuff like that.

Advertisement