Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloudbuster

Options
  • 05-07-2019 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭

Did anybody ever hear about this, from local knowledge maybe?

"A young man in Ireland built a cloudbuster and operated it while in a "trance state". Major devastating coastal storm occurred; boats were sunk and people were killed. The man later circulated a "newsletter", in which he bragged about his role in it all, and urged people to build cloudbusters and point them at nuclear power plants."

http://www.orgonelab.org/sobuildaclb.htm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,885 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Donald Sutherland also built one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Donald Sutherland also built one

I know, the flat-tops took it away from him, his young fella was awful upset :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Seanachai wrote: »
    Did anybody ever hear about this, from local knowledge maybe?

"A young man in Ireland built a cloudbuster and operated it while in a "trance state". Major devastating coastal storm occurred; boats were sunk and people were killed. The man later circulated a "newsletter", in which he bragged about his role in it all, and urged people to build cloudbusters and point them at nuclear power plants."

http://www.orgonelab.org/sobuildaclb.htm

Local knowledge? :rolleyes:

The sheer volume of bullsh!t on that website is a testament to the utter waste of time so many nut jobs are willing to spend convincing themselves of their preposterous theories.

Use scientific-sounding language and no end of other dimwits will also fall for it, in fact don't bother, just proclaim loudly that you know the truth and the autoritays are all lying and you are guaranteed to get a following of like-minded muppets believing every stupid word you write.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I'm not sure about that

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Seems like women are incapable of building one, according to his list of examples. I bet Gemma could be the first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭pjdarcy

I love how his paper starts with "The following paper is a personal view on...". That reads to me like someone who is going to ignore scientific facts and throw in some outlandish claims based on their own pseudoscience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭touts

This is why hallucinating drugs and internet sites that publish anything are a bad combination.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Ooooooooo, I just know that something good is going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭wally79

W7QItBy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Looks like it was used over Las Vegas this week

D-asCBpXUAAQrBL?format=jpg&name=small

• Advertisement

Vic_08 wrote: »
    Local knowledge? :rolleyes:

The sheer volume of bullsh!t on that website is a testament to the utter waste of time so many nut jobs are willing to spend convincing themselves of their preposterous theories.

Use scientific-sounding language and no end of other dimwits will also fall for it, in fact don't bother, just proclaim loudly that you know the truth and the autoritays are all lying and you are guaranteed to get a following of like-minded muppets believing every stupid word you write.

Woo-saa!, I'm not querying this from a scientific viewpoint, I'd just love to know if somebody was aware of their neighbour or some local mad lad building a cloudbuster.

pjdarcy wrote: »
    I love how his paper starts with "The following paper is a personal view on...". That reads to me like someone who is going to ignore scientific facts and throw in some outlandish claims based on their own pseudoscience.

Maybe, I'd like to think it keeps David Grimes up at night though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

The 1990's called and wants it's www.orgonelab.org back.
    The contents of which is generally a load of babble, even Icke gets a mention.

On the other hand there is that HARP ionsphere stuff, and think the Ruskies played around with similarish Scalar energies.

You can make your own organite for next to nothing, whether it'll bring an instant summer heatwave or a luckycharm is unlikely.
    Guess the easiest way to test it for energy disruption would be to point some at 5G towers when they show up, and put your lotto tickets under it.

Orgone/organite/scalar products seem to have more claims than snakeoil, essentially an unregulated cure-all.

Advertisement