Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'The Menagerie' Anyone?

Options
  • 28-10-2007 10:18pm

UCI Cinemas, located in Blanchardstown, Coolock and Tallaght (part of the UK Odeon cinemas) will be screening the remastered Star Trek: The Original Series episode 'The Menagerie' on Tuesday November 13th in DUBLIN.

NOTE: It is still not clear if all THREE venues will be hosting a screening.

My site, United Federation of Planets, got word over the weekend, that a date has been added in Dublin, and UCI will be showing it.

For those of you who do not know, 'The Menagerie' was originally a two-part episode (the only TOS produced). It incorperated scenes from the orginal and at the tim un-aired pilot from 1964 starring Jeffery Hunter as Captain Pike (who is currently being cast in the new movie).

ST.com announced a few weeks back about screenings in the cinema of the episode to mark the release of the first season of TOS in HD-DVD format, and this is why the episode is being shown in Dublin.

Purchase TOS Season 1 on HD-DVD - Released on November 19th.
    Play.com (£95.99) | Amazon.co.uk (£89.99)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

'beep'

Sorry, what does the beep comment mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Pigman II wrote: »
    'beep'

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Pigman II wrote: »
    'beep'
    agreed

I'm really confused, what does this mean?

Is the 'bleep' the answer given by Pike in the episode?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,724 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

pic00610.jpg

Beep :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

lol ye beep, that episode has some amazing lines like
    Spock: Something wrong captin?
    Pike: I just cant get used to the idea of a woman on the bridge

:)

Ill definitely go to that, do you need to get tickets in advance like the Serenity screening or can i buy tickets at the door?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Thanks for the info, have booked my seats :D

Further Information - it is only being shown in the UCI Blanchardstown, on Tuesday November 13th - so book your tickets now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

where the hell is blanchardstown?

is it near o connell st?

• Advertisement

Mordeth wrote: »
    where the hell is blanchardstown?

Big shopping centre, first turn off after the M50 toll bridge heading for the airport go thru next roundabout and take first exit for the shopping centre.

It's not near O'Connel Street, no.

Should be good fun getting out there at around 6 o'clock on a Tuesday evening :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,724 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Alternatively, get a 39 from town but allow for about 60-80 mins travel time

****ing uci ***** i dont like those auto voice phone things because they dont answer questions for example when i tired to find out the story with booking i didnt answer me what where the advantages of a premier seat it just said it was having difficulties.

WTF is a premier seat? what makes it so good
    how much does it cost
    how much does a regular seat cost?

Thanks

Looking like I'll have to give this a miss :(

Was there last night and wow :eek:, if ever there was a reason for buying both a HD tv and HD DVD player believe me folks when I say that the revamped Star Trek TOS is a big one.

The backgrounds have all been updated but not to the extent that they look out of place. The special effects (we were given a teaser of what is to come) have all been updated also and again they looked beautiful, don't worry it's not a case of them putting in all new scenes they have simply given the original scenes a make over by using modern methods unavailable in the 60's.

As for the showing last night because the cinema was only about a third full (if even that) it was more like watching the show with a few friends in your own home which added to the feeling that we were somehow privileged in seeing Star Trek in such an unique way :D.

Just a pity it was a once off thing :(

Reg'stoy wrote: »

Just a pity it was a once off thing :(

Yup :(

I'm thinking of doing a special report on the screening of the episode in cinemas, any chance a few of you could write down reports and send them to me via private message, and I will post them online at my site?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Unfortunatly I missed it. Just for my info, what was the age group of people who did show up? Thanks.

Advertisement