Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SuperValu 48 hour only offers!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭dashdoll

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Excerise bike tomorrow...good timing

Anyone know if this bike is any good? 80e is good value. Not expecting superb for that price but can't find any reviews online! Would need something sturdy anyway as there's 3 adults in the house for lockdown. Banana bread wont catch me again! Would appreciate any info! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Apparently not.
    This is a quote from a few months back when the same bike was on offer and a loada people thanked the post in agreement. Maybe check the SV Facebook page too from back then.,the comments might help you
    antix80 wrote: »
    NO!!!!

These types of bikes are rubbish and you'll end up using it as a clothes rack before you eventually pay to get rid of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

dashdoll wrote: »
    Anyone know if this bike is any good? 80e is good value. Not expecting superb for that price but can't find any reviews online! Would need something sturdy anyway as there's 3 adults in the house for lockdown. Banana bread wont catch me again! Would appreciate any info! Thanks.

Having had a digital one and replaced it with one with a dial like that (because the other one wore out...I was using it post surgery) I would say to save your money. Bloody awful and zero motivation to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Excerise bike tomorrow...good timing

I wonder will the middle aisle items still be pushed?
    The below article seems to say it could come under fire.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/essential-retailers-risk-a-firestorm-if-they-exploit-the-closure-of-the-non-essential-1.4385489?mode=amp

I meant this for another thread, bit I guess it's still valid
    SuperValu can't exactly give out to Aldi if they are doing same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭ratracer

dashdoll wrote: »

Like any home exercise equipment, if you can motivate yourself to get on to it, even for half an hour a couple of times a week, it’ll do a job. If you’ve never used one before, it’s probably an inexpensive way to try it out!

I’m sure you’ll be able to work up a sweat in it, and increase the heart rate, isn’t that all any cardio exercise does anyway?

• Advertisement

The most important thing with the cheaper exercise bikes is the size and weight of the flywheel. A small, light flywheel can cause 1) choppy motion when cycling and 2) no noticeable change at different resistance levels.

Hard to tell what this flywheel is like as (as you said) not many reviews online.

I got this bike second hand on the Amazon warehouse a few years ago for ~£70. It's been used since then for ~900 hours and it still works great. A smooth cycle and a very noticeable difference at the different resistances. Had to change the belt on it a year ago as it was worn out, but besides that I can't fault it. And you obviously have the benefit of using Amazon too if anything goes wrong. :)

Personally, I'd pay the extra bob and go with something with a few more reviews.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    You would be honestly hard pushed to work up a sweat on this type of bike they are useless, going for a brisk walk would be more beneficial

That's not necessarily true. If the RRP is in fact accurate then its quality might be somewhat equivalent to my bike I mentioned above, and if so I (as a regular cyclist) wouldn't be able to cycle on the highest setting for more than a minute or two.

Again, all depends on the type of flywheel that's in it. :)

My 75 year old father in law got the bike last time against my advice and he’s at the highest level watching the tv at his ease, trust me it’s useless and magnetic resistance

I was referring to your statement of "this type of bike", not this bike specifically. "This type of bike", including both friction and magnetic resistance bikes, can still offer very high resistance at this price-point.

But yes, if that's the case then this bike is best avoided and getting something like my recommendation above would be preferable. :)

This type of bike was referring to these rubbish bikes with inflated rrp on sale in SuperValu
    I wasnt discussing your bike as I didn’t even click the link, this thread is about the SuperValu offers

Yes but we didn't know that it was rubbish until your comment about your father-in-law. And I mentioned the other bike as there were people in this thread who were looking for a bike so I recommended a better alternative. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Deirdre5

wondering if i should buy the supervalu bike.. i don't have a car so can't collect the bike, the delivery slot is for saturday assuming the deal would still apply then?
    also anyone know if it would come assembled?

• Advertisement

Deirdre5 wrote: »
    wondering if i should buy the supervalu bike.. i don't have a car so can't collect the bike, the delivery slot is for saturday assuming the deal would still apply then?
    also anyone know if it would come assembled?

It doesn't, box is too small here.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Deirdre5

It doesn't, box is too small here.

thanks, might give it a miss and wait for argos to be back in stock with their foldable ones

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

What's the verdict? Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

degsie wrote: »
    What's the verdict? Any good?
    I can't see anything on their website about 48hrs. Was in store yesterday and didn't see anything. Anyone know if they have stopped doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

odddavey wrote: »
    I can't see anything on their website about 48hrs. Was in store yesterday and didn't see anything. Anyone know if they have stopped doing it?

Maybe they have stopped for the moment due to government restrictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Not 48 hours, but seven days while stocks last. April 8th to 14th

Dolce Gusto Mini Me Coffee Machine with 6 boxes of pods.

€39

https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/flashdeals

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    Not 48 hours, but seven days while stocks last. April 8th to 14th

Dolce Gusto Mini Me Coffee Machine with 6 boxes of pods.

€39

https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/flashdeals

Good value? Coffee?

Got their email and popped on here to see what ppl think of this machine before deciding if I buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

dennispenn wrote: »
    Good value? Coffee?

Got their email and popped on here to see what ppl think of this machine before deciding if I buy.

Have one and it’s pretty decent. Great value at this price.
    You will get a voucher inside which you can use to buy about 5 boxes of coffee for 7€. Normally about €5 per box depending or which you get and where you buy but offers pop up from time to time in supermarkets. I picked up 6 boxes the other day in dunnes for €15 (5 off 20 voucher used) which is as good as it gets

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Good value? Coffee?

Its a neat and cheap machine. I'm using mine 2 years now and I'm a fan of the lungo and flat whites. 48 capaules for €10 in dunnes at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭munster87

I bought one last time SuperValu had the offer. It’s simple but can’t fault it, especially at this price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Good value? Coffee?

Yes fantastic espressos

These are my usual order (or at least they were pre-Brexit!)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dolce-Gusto-Espresso-Capsules-Servings/dp/B07WVCGXVJ/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Yes i got one also and only finished my extra large stash of capsules last week.

Moved back to my krups machine as got 700 capsules all one flavour to go through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭YoshiReturns

I've ordered one. Any way to avoid the collection charge of 3 euro ? I'm not getting someone to pick up groceries for me. I'm just getting this ...

Also, how much coffee pods does it come with ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I've ordered one. Any way to avoid the collection charge of 3 euro ? I'm not getting someone to pick up groceries for me. I'm just getting this ...

Also, how much coffee pods does it come with ?

Why not slip up and see if they have them in stock? If they do can you cancel your order?

Oh and don’t forget people you can use your €5 off €35 voucher or whichever you got sent against this to make it an even better price

• Registered Users Posts: 33,127 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Yellow Dog wrote: »

96 toilet rolls for €20, or
    231 washes of washing powder for €20 are both great bargains.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Was in there this morning and not looking for those ones but noticed few things bought before have risen in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Was in SV this morning and they had packs of water wipes 4 +1 free so 5 per pack.
    3 packs for €20, works out at 1.33 for each individual pack, crazy cheap price

• Advertisement

Advertisement