Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Social insurance fund in deficit

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭Tow

Who: The Taxed Middle.
    How: Taxes.

1.2 billion is only a few percent of the total Ireland Inc has spend on Covid. I would argue it was already in a deficit (when projected forward), as we have an ageing population and high state pension payment. This is why the government is trying to push forward pension auto-enrolment.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Employers PRSI is certainly going to rise. Also now that self employed have 1650 earned income credit I would be surprised if they don't have to start paying some form of ER PRSI.

I also think the 4% rate should rise but not while USC is still in play. Unfortunately the pandemic is likely to halt any reduction/removal of USC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭Tow

It is often forgotten that the 2% Health Levy was moved from PRSI into USC (Income Levy) when the USC was introduced.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Advertisement