Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lambswool

Options
  • 26-07-2017 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know where I can buy lambswool?

I've had problems before doing long hikes where I've lost toenails and been told the best way to protect them is to pad my boots out with lambswool around the toe area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I would look at your boots first. Size, fit, shape (width), lacing technique. Then socks and insoles etc.

Never heard about lambswool used as you describe it.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

Esel wrote: »
    I would look at your boots first. Size, fit, shape (width), lacing technique. Then socks and insoles etc.

Never heard about lambswool used as you describe it.

I've just bought a new pair, I got a size up cos I think the old ones were too tight when my feet got hot and probably swollen.

I met a woman on camino and she was using this method, her feet were like a baby's bottom at the end of long hikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭123shooter

carolmon wrote: »

I met a woman on camino and she was using this method, her feet were like a baby's bottom at the end of long hikes.

mmmmm ;)

I tried all kinds of supposedly correct boots and suffered blisters and ringing wet smelly boots from sweat or they simply fell apart.

So I spent a lot more money and got something that worked for me.....Lowa boots and the top of the range but I firmly believe you get what you pay for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-cGzSN-fqE

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

If you are losing toenails during long walks then you could do worse than to pay a visit to a podiatrist for their expert opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

well just to update, I did a bit of walking over the hols using the lambswool padding/ bigger boot size and have to say I haven't even had a hint of a blister, so will be sticking to this now as it seems to suit me.

I used this product, it was difficult to get but I found it in Murrays medical supplies in Talbot Street and it's also available online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

carolmon wrote: »
    well just to update, I did a bit of walking over the hols using the lambswool padding/ bigger boot size and have to say I haven't even had a hint of a blister, so will be sticking to this now as it seems to suit me.

I used this product, it was difficult to get but I found it in Murrays medical supplies in Talbot Street and it's also available online.

That's a great result. The wool looks interesting.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement